Salt Lake County closes Chinese restaurant in Midvale

Published August 30, 2014 8:56 am
Food • Restaurant had excessive violations.
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2014, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

The Salt Lake County Health Department closed Rice King restaurant in Midvale on Thursday for creating an "imminent health hazard due to excessive critical violations."

According to a notice on the department website, the restaurant, at 755 E. Fort Union Blvd., received 45 code violations. Among the problems:

• Raw meat contaminating clean dishes.

• Dish soap contaminating raw shrimp.

• Food being prepared on the floor.

• Rice noodles being stored in a cardboard box.

• Tooth brush below drink dispenser.

• Container of food stored on the floor.

• Single service items being re-used.

The restaurant will reopen when all the violations are corrected and inspectors deem it fit for customers.

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus