Salt Lake County closes Chinese restaurant in Midvale
The Salt Lake County Health Department closed Rice King restaurant in Midvale on Thursday for creating an "imminent health hazard due to excessive critical violations."
According to a notice on the department website, the restaurant, at 755 E. Fort Union Blvd., received 45 code violations. Among the problems:
• Raw meat contaminating clean dishes.
• Dish soap contaminating raw shrimp.
• Food being prepared on the floor.
• Rice noodles being stored in a cardboard box.
• Tooth brush below drink dispenser.
• Container of food stored on the floor.
• Single service items being re-used.
The restaurant will reopen when all the violations are corrected and inspectors deem it fit for customers.
See more about comments here.