The Salt Lake County Health Department closed the Asia Palace restaurant in West Valley City earlier this week for creating an "imminent health hazard."
According to a report on the department website, the restaurant at 1774 W. 3500 South had more than 50 health code violations, the most disturbing of which was when "an employee went into the toilet room with gloves on and came out of the toilet room with the same gloves on then the employee went into the kitchen and began food preparation," the report states.
Other violations include:
• Cooked and raw foods at warm temperatures that promote bacteria growth.
• Raw beef stored above raw shrimp in the walk-in cooler.
• Food in the walk-in cooler and dry storage area not covered to prevent contamination.
• The person-in-charge was unable to demonstrate adequate knowledge of proper hot and cold holding temperature for potentially hazardous foods.
• A clean meat cleaver, a clean cutting board and clean pots and pans were stored on the floor.
Once the problems are corrected, the restaurant will be allowed to reopen.
Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.