See more about comments here.
Scott D. Pierce: End these 9 TV shows; save these 7
Over the next few weeks, TV programmers will make final decisions about which shows they will renew and which they'll kick to the curb.
A lot of series have already been picked up. A bunch have gotten the ax. And a bunch more that are "on the bubble" — they might get renewed, they might not. And that decision will usually come down to a network's new program development; whether programmers think a potential new series will be stronger than what it would replace.
These days, pretty much every show has its own rooting section. No matter how bad it is.
But here — based purely on quality, not ratings — are shows that ought to stay and shows that ought to go.
1. "Trophy Wife" (ABC) » This funny sitcom is so good it deserves another season to find an audience.
2. "The Crazy Ones" (CBS) » This has evolved into a nice ensemble comedy. CBS has so many loud, crude, unfunny comedies ("2 Broke Girls," "Two and a Half Men," etc.), it owes us this one.
3. "Almost Human" (Fox) » Yes, this was essentially just another procedural crime drama set in the future too much of the time. But it has promise.
4. "Enlisted" (Fox) » This is a funny comedy that keeps getting funnier sentenced to a Friday-night death time slot. Call the governor! Stay this sentence!
5. "Parenthood" (NBC) » This is the best family drama to come along in years. It's also pretty much the only family drama left on network TV.
6. "The 100" (The CW) » This futuristic "Lord of the Flies" is better than you might think.
7. "Suburgatory" (ABC) » This a sitcom with actual comedy, and it's better than the shows ABC has given more attention.
1. "Super Fun Night" (ABC) » It's not super. It's not fun. It's bad, bad, bad.
2. "The Mentalist" (CBS) » It's not that this is a bad show. But after six season and the revelation of serial killer Red John's identity, it's played out.
3. "Intelligence" (CBS) » It's boring. 'Nuff said.
4. "Beauty and the Beast" (The CW) » It's just painfully stupid.
5. "Dads" (Fox) » Kill it now. Kill it fast. Salt the earth so it can't grow back.