43 violations force closure of Salt Lake restaurant
The Salt Lake County Health Department has closed Rodeos Mexican Food at 2785 W. 3500 South, for "presenting an imminent health hazard."
According to this enforcement report on the department's website, the restaurant also known as Betos was closed on Wednesday, Oct. 16 after an enforcement officer discovered 43 health code violations.
Some of the most severe infractions include:
• Food (including raw and cooked meat) in the reach-in cooler stored at too warm of a temperature: 50-55 degrees.
• Personal clothing stored with food.
• Raw meat stored next to cooked meat in the walk-in cooler.
• Potentially hazardous food that is prepared on site and held for more than 24 hours is not date-marked.
• The facility is operating without a Salt Lake County Health Department food establishment permit.
• Food is stored on the floor in the walk-in cooler and the storage area.
• A garbage can is used to store food.
• A drain pipe leaks on the three-compartment sink.