West Valley restaurant closed for health violations
The Salt Lake County Health Department closed the Taqueria El Rey De Oros restaurant in West Valley City last week for "presenting an imminent health hazard."
According to this notice on the department's website, the Mexican restaurant at 3505 S. Redwood Road was closed on Sept. 26, for numerous health violations including:
• Live and dead cockroaches in storage areas and mop sink area.
• Pesticides mislabeled and not being used correctly.
• Dry ingredient containers not cleaned and mislabeled.
• Water leaking on the floor
• An unapproved portable cooking stove being used for restaurant use.
• Walls and ceilings damaged in storage areas.
• A cup without handles used to scoop beans.