Map: Where to camp during the government shutdown

First Published      Last Updated Nov 08 2013 05:20 pm

Click on www.sltrib.com/pages/campgrounds to see a larger version of this map.

The government shutdown has closed campsites maintained by the U.S. Forest Service, the Bureau of Land Management, the National Park Service and other federal agencies.

But private campgrounds and sites operated by state and local governments should remain open. We've composed a nationwide map with data from www.ultimatecampgrounds.com.

Websites or contact information is included for many of the campgrounds. You're encouraged to double check a respective campground is open.


Twitter: @natecarlisle