On Tuesday, The Salt Lake Valley Health Department closed Sweet Ginger restaurant, 220 W. 7200 South, in Midvale for "presenting an imminent health hazard."
According to this report posted on The Salt Lake Valley Health Department website, the restaurant was cited for nearly three dozen health code violations including holding raw chicken and other foods at room temperature, storing chemicals above food and storing raw shrimp above cooked pork and raw vegetables in the refrigerator.
Here’s a list of all the violations:
-Potentially hazardous food is being cooled at room temperature.
-Chemicals are stored above foods.
-Employee beverages are stored above the food preparation table.
-Garlic and oil, cooked beef and pork are holding at 53 to 63 degrees Fahrenheit on the counter.
-Chicken is being thawed at room temperature.
-Hand wash sinks are being used for washing dishes and other purposes than hand washing.
-Hand wash sinks are not supplied with liquid soap and paper towels.
-The hand wash sink faucet is leaking.
-Employees are not washing hands when required.
-Food containers are not labeled.
-The certified manager certificate was not available for verification.
-Food handler cards are not available for verification.
-The person-in-charge was not ensuring employees were effectively cleaning their hands.
-The person-in-charge was not ensuring employees were using proper cooling and thawing methods.
-The person-in-charge was not ensuring employees are properly using time as control for potentially hazardous foods that were not hot or cold held.
-The outside and inside of food containers are dirty.Next Page >
Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.