• The stage show "Sesame Street Live: Elmo’s Super Heroes" — featuring Elmo, Abby Cadabby, Zoe and Grover — happens this weekend at the Maverik Center, 3200 S. Decker Lake Drive, West Valley City. The show starts tonight at 7 p.m., Saturday at 10:30 a.m., 2 and 5:30 p.m., and Sunday at 2 p.m. Tickets are $16 to $64, at Ticketmaster.
• Pioneer Theatre Company’s production of John Steinbeck’s "Of Mice and Men" opens tonight at the Simmons Pioneer Memorial Theatre, 300 S. 1400 East, Salt Lake City. Showtimes are 8 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, with 2 p.m. Saturday matinees; and 7:30 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays, now through Nov. 3. Tickets, from $25 to $44, available at the Pioneer Theatre website.
• Experimental music producer Flying Lotus performs tonight at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Teebs, Jeremiah Jae. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $18, at 24Tix.
• Alesana headlines the Inked Magazine Music Tour, Saturday at The Complex, 536 W. 100 South, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 5. Tickets are $18 in advance, $20 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• The Utah Jazz play the Los Angeles Clippers in pre-season NBA action, Saturday at EnergySolutions Arena, 301 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Game starts at 7. Tickets available at Smith’s Tix.
• Country legend Billy Joe Shaver performs Saturday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Ghostowne. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $20, at the venue’s website.
story continues below
Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
About Reader Comments
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account
. See more about comments here.