• Iron & Wine, the stage name of folkie Samuel Beam, performs tonight at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening act: The Head and the Heart. Show starts at 7. Tickets are $30, at SmithsTix and 24Tix.
• The Who Likes Short Shorts? Film Festival, highlighting local filmmaking, happens tonight at the Post Theatre, 294 S. Fort Douglas Blvd., University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $10 at the door.
• Plan-B Theatre's production of the comic musical "Gutenberg! The Musical" debuts tonight at the Egyptian Theatre, 328 Main St., Park City. The show runs Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m., Sundays at 6 p.m., through June 19. Tickets are $18, or $25 for cabaret-style tables, at the Egyptian box office.
• Local prog-rock jam band Wafer plays tonight at The Canyon Inn, 3700 S. Fort Union Blvd. (7000 South), Salt Lake City. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $5, at the door.
• The Utah Pride Festival 2011 takes place Saturday and Sunday at Washington Square, at the City-County Building, 450 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Headliners include parade grand marshal Roseanne Barr (Saturday at 6:30 p.m.), Kat DeLuna (Saturday at 8 p.m.) and Exposé (Sunday at 4 p.m.). The festival runs Saturday from 4 to 11 p.m., and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 each day, at the gates. (Don't forget the other Pride events - including the annual Utah Pride Parade, mostly going west on 200 South from 400 East to West Temple, starting Sunday at 10 a.m.)
• Earthfest, the annual rock show sponsored by Mix 107.9 FM, runs Saturday at the Gallivan Center, 239 S. Main St., Salt Lake City. Headlining is pop-punk band Cobra Starship. Also on the bill: All Time Low, Martin from Boys Like Girls, Iyaz, The Downtown Fiction. The event starts at 4 p.m. Tickets are $15, at SmithsTix.
• The Utah Blaze plays host to the Arizona Rattlers in Arena Football League action, Saturday at EnergySolutions Arena, 301 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Game starts at 7. Tickets available at SmithsTix.
|1.||MLB: Angels’ Richards out for season with knee injury|
|2.||Utah officer who shot Dillon Taylor was wearing a body camera|
|3.||Utah protesters demand justice for Dillon Taylor, others killed by police|
|4.||BYUtv meets TV critics, and gay question arises|
|5.||NFL: Johnny Manziel and Browns both agree he’s not ready to start|
|6.||Mitt Romney accepts Ice Bucket Challenge from Utahn with ALS|
|7.||Lucky magazine’s fall fashion tips: Santa Fe look, hiking boots|
|8.||Why the Emmy Awards don’t play well on TV|
|9.||Mormon church used to make it easy to follow its money|
|10.||BYU RB Jamaal Williams suffers "mild, not serious" knee sprain|