Here are some of the finer points to tonight's matchup, if the Utes are to finally win a road game
1) Erase the mental - Utah's surrendered double-digit leads in eachof their last three games away from the Huntsman Center. That means winning on the road isn't as much of a physical issue as it is mental. If the Utes gain an advantage, the key will be making the right plays to close the Trojans out. It won't be easy. USC plays well at home. But it isn't impossible.
2) Good Brandon, bad Brandon - Brandon Taylor's in the midst of his best three-game stretch of the season. He's making shots, he's scoring and getting to the basket. Him providing that third scorer to complement Delon Wright and Jordan Loveridge is essential.
3) Limiting the wildcards - Both Byron Wesley and JT Terrell are capable of breaking out and having great games. They are good enough scorers and goog enough athletes to make life miserable for the opposition. If they combine for 40 points tonight, the Utes will have a problem.
4) Be aggressive - Mostly, this pertains to Loveridge. In the games Utah's lost, he's been passive. All otheres? He makes plays. If he makes enough of them, the Utes will be in good shape.
5) Run, but run selectively - USC makes its bones in transition. Get the Trojans in a halfcourt possession game and they have problems. If this is a 94-foot affair, advantage Andy Enfield.
|1.||SLC makes list in bid for Democratic Convention|
|2.||Turkish ‘street food with a twist’ takes a spin in Salt Lake City|
|3.||Student leaders tell University of Utah president to change ‘Utah Man’ fight song|
|4.||Western lands takeover: Former BLM chief, state lawmaker clash|
|5.||‘Bachelorette’ contestant dies in Utah paragliding accident|
|6.||MLB: AL capsules and gallery|
|7.||Gang defendant shot, killed at new Salt Lake City federal courthouse|
|8.||U. of Utah nurse resigns over offensive online comment about Tongans|
|9.||Prior to fatal courtroom shooting, Utah defendant promised to behave|
|10.||Coach: Man shot at Utah courthouse once had promising future|