For football, we had a swell little Mountain West notebook written weekly by MWC beat writers. No such luck for basketball, I'm afraid.
Still, I'll try to get you info from around the Mountain West at the source at least once a week. We'll see where it goes from there. Catch up on what's going on around the league.
• ESPN's Bracketology has three Mountain West teams in the Big Dance at the moment: San Diego State, New Mexico and Boise State. Seems like a pretty good bet so far, although the question seems to be will if the conference can get that many slots.
• San Diego State kicked off with a 10-point win over Colorado State on the road. The Aztecs are surely happy to have Xavier Thames healthy on a consistent basis. Meanwhile, the Rams are looking to rebuild with a youthful core, and but they were reminded how young they are.
• UNLV topped Fresno State, 75-62. The Rebels have been battling inconsistency this year, so a win was much needed after a rocky start. Meanwhile, the Bulldogs couldn't engage fully throughout the game to lock down at home.
• Nevada got a 12-point win over San Jose State in a battle between two teams that have been widely projected at the bottom of the league. Although the Wolfpack won, the game reflects their reliance on star Deonte Burton. The Spartans come to Logan this weekend, a winning streak halted.
• Wyoming got a home win over mighty Western State. And freshman Trey Washington III led the Cowboys. OK, so it's not a big win, but it's one more win than the Aggies have so far this week.
Keep up with the Aggies and the Mountain West by checking in on the Aggieville blog.
— Kyle Goon
|1.||WikiLeaks’ Assange talks NSA, hints at more leaks|
|2.||Pilot killed in fighter jet crash in Nevada is identified|
|3.||LDS leader tells Mormons to embrace their history, keep their faith|
|4.||Colorado uses humor in campaign against stoned driving|
|5.||Satirical musical ‘The Book of Mormon’ set to play Utah theater|
|6.||Utah city won’t file charges over risque T-shirts|
|7.||Utah Basketball: Stanford edges out Utes 61-60|
|8.||Transformers 4 trailer has Dinobots and Mark Wahlberg in it|
|9.||Preview: Tumbleweeds grows a young film audience in Utah|
|10.||Actress Sheila MacRae of ‘Honeymooners’ dies at 92|