Expert predictions for Utah State-Fresno State title game match-up
Utah State won't be worrying about what other folks have to say this weekend. Players and coaches have said so many times.
But let's face it, fans want to know: Who are they picking to win the Mountain West championship game? A rundown of some experts and what they had to say:
• ESPN has some predictions from college football guru Phil Steele. The longtime prognosticator calls it for Fresno State, 33-27.
• Sports Illustrated's Stewart Mandel has the Bulldogs in his weekly pick 'em. His final score prediction? 35-27 for Fresno State.
• SB Nation statnik Billy Connelly uses a computer rankings system for his projections. He gives Utah State a 64.6 percent chance to win, projecting a 27-23 final score.
• CBS Sports' crew is heavily split in favor of Fresno State. Columnists Dennis Dodd and Bruce Feldman are among those picking the 'Dogs. Only Jerry Hinnen and the Prediction Machine favor Utah State.
• Crystal Ball Run's panel of experts is split 5-4 for Fresno State. Most picking the Aggies to win have the final score in the 20s for both teams.
ESPN lists the latest line at 2.5 for Fresno, almost just a bump for homefield advantage. What's your prediction? Feel free to comment below.
Kyle Goonkgoon@sltrib.comTwitter: @kylegoon
See more about comments here.