Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Tuesday Olympics on TV: Dutch speedskater seeks redemption
Dutch speedskater Sven Kramer should be a happy man. He won the gold medal in the 5000m at the 2010 Vancouver Games and repeated that feat in Sochi last week.
But he would have won the gold in the 10,000m in 2010 had he not been disqualified for failing to change lanes late in the race - a mistake prompted by bad instructions shouted by his coach.
The irony is that, after winning the gold four years ago, Kramer was asked by an NBC reporter to state his name and the event he'd just won - standard procedure for a taped bit. His response was, "Are you stupid?"
Perhaps, but not as stupid as blowing a gold medal.
NBC will air taped coverage of the 10,000m gold medal final in its daytime program.
NBC DAYTIME • 2-4 p.m., Ch. 5: Men's speed skating/10,000m gold medal final; men's nordic combined/individual K-125 large hill gold medal final
NBC PRIMETIME • 7-10:30 p.m., Ch. 5: Women's alpine skiing/giant slalom gold medal final; men's freestyle skiing/halfpipe gold medal final; women's bobsled; women's short track speedskating/3000m relay gold medal final
NBC LATE NIGHT • Midnight-1 a.m., Ch. 5: Women's short track speedskating/1000m competition
• 1-3:30 a.m., Ch. 5: Repeat of NBC primetime
NBCSN • 5-8 a.m.: Men's hockey/elimination round
• 8-10 a.m.: Men's speedskating/10,000m gold medal final (live); men's nordic combined/individual K-125 large hill, cross country
• 10 a.m.-1 p.m.: Men's hockey/elimination round (live)
• 1-3 p.m.: Hockey repeat 3-5 p.m.: Hockey/game of the day
• 1-3:30 a.m. (early Wednesday): Men's hockey/quarterfinal (live)
• 3:30-5:30 a.m. (early Wednesday): Men's and women's snowboarding/parallel giant slalom gold medal finals; women's cross-country skiing/team sprint gold medal final (live)
MSNBC • 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Men's hockey/elimination round
CNBC • 3-5 p.m.: Mens or women's curling/tie breaker
USA • 3-6 a.m.: Women's curling/semifinal (live)