Sunday Olympics on TV: Figure skating is now a team event
Published on Feb 7, 2014 12:51PM
Figure skating has always been part of the Winter Olympics, but never before has it been a team event. In Sochi, the first team medals will be presented today.
The United States, Canada and Russia are expected to be the top competitors. You can catch the action live on NBCSN in the morning and taped during NBC's daytime, primetime and late-night coverage.
- noon-4 p.m., Ch. 5: Figure skating/team event gold medal final, men's free skate; women's biathlon/7.5 km sprint gold medal final; men's cross country skiing/skiathlon gold medal final
- 6-10 p.m., Ch. 5: Figure skating/team event gold medal final, ladies free skate. ice dancing free dance; men's alpine skiing/downhill gold medal final; women's snowboarding/slopestyle gold medal final; men's ski jumping/individual K-95 gold medal final
NBC LATE NIGHT
- 10:35-11:35 p.m., Ch. 5: Figure skating/team event gold medal final postgame; men's luge/singles gold medal final runs.
- 11:35 p.m.-3:30 a.m., Ch. 5: Repeat of NBC primetime
- 3 a.m.-6 a.m. (early Monday): Women's curling/USA vs. Switzerland
- 6:30-8 a.m.: Men's luge/singles competition (live)
- 8-11 a.m.: Figure skating/team event gold medal final (live)
- 11 a.m.-noon: Men's ski jumping/individual K-95 gold medal final (live)
- 2-3 p.m.: Hockey encore
- 3-5 p.m.: Hockey/game of the day
- 1-3 a.m. (early Monday): Men's curling/Canada vs. Germany
- 3-5:30 a.m. (early Monday): Women's hockey/USA vs. Switzerland (live)
• 6-10:30 a.m.: Women's hockey/Germany vs. Russia (live)
Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
About Reader Comments
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account
. See more about comments here.