Saturday Olympics on TV: Slopestyle field is wide open
Published on Feb 7, 2014 12:48PM
There is no defending champion in slopestyle, because it's a new event. Basically, it's the snowboard halfpipe on a downhill course - complete with jumps and tricks.
American Shaun White, who is the two-time defending gold medalist in the halfpipe, was considered to be a favorite before he pulled out of the event. Now, it's wide-open.
You can see it in NBC's primetime coverage.
- 1:30-5 p.m., Ch. 5: Men's ski jumping/individual K-95; men's biathlon/10km sprint gold medal final; men's speed skating/5000m gold medal final; women's cross-country skiing/skiathlon gold medal final
- 7-10:30 p.m., Ch. 5: Figure skating/team event, ice dancing short dance, ladies short program; men's snowboarding/slopestyle gold medal final; women's freestyle skiing/moguls gold medal final
NBC LATE NIGHT
- 11 p.m.-midnight, Ch. 5: Figure skating/team event, pairs' free skate; men's luge/singles competition
- midnight-3:30 a.m.: Repeat of NBC primetime
- 7:30-9 a.m.: Figure skating/team event, ice dancing short dance (live)
- 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Figure skating/team event, ladies short program (live), pairs free skate (live)
- 4-6 p.m.: Hockey/game of the day
- 1-3:30 a.m. (early Sunday ): Women's hockey/Japan vs. Sweden (live)
- 3:30-6:30 a.m (early Sunday): men's cross country skiing/skiathlon gold medal final (live); women's speedskating/3000m gold medal final (live)
Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 6-8:30 a.m.: Women's hockey/Canada vs. Switzerland (live)
About Reader Comments
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account
. See more about comments here.