Not surprisingly, people still have questions about the Pac-12 Networks, which launched on Wednesday. And away we go ...
1. Do we have any options to receive PAC 12 TV other than sign up with Comcast?
At the moment, no. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on DirecTV and/or Dish, but there is no deal right now.
2. Thank you for this article. However, when you said that the P12N would likely be on DirecTV within two years, did you mean two weeks, or is two years really the expectation? If so, I am dropping DirecTV presto.
That was a reference to the fact that it took two years for The Mtn. to make it on DirecTV. I don't think it will take anywhere near that long with P12N -- although, obviously, we have nothing confirmed yet.
3. Read your column today, good info. But no Utes on DirectTV on Dish looks like the same old deal to me.
Do the Utes have other options/schedule for broadcasting games off network?
No. The rights belong to the Pac-12.
In that way, P12N is like The Mtn.
4. I am currently on DirecTV with my fingers (and other appendages) crossed! I wish I could find out what channels on Comcast with carry the 7 feeds. Surely that must have been decided by now. Comcast could probably stab DirecTV pretty badly if they would just put some specific information our about channels, tiers, etc. They simply don't respond to requests for that info. Hopefully, you will provide that info as soon as you know.
We've published that a couple of times in the last couple of days. Here it is again:
Channel 37 » Pac-12 Mountain in standard definition. It's in the Comcast Digital Starter level of service, as well as in the Digital Preferred, Digital Preferred Plus and Digital Premier.
Channel 757 » Pac-12 Mountain in high definition. It's in the Comcast Digital Starter Level of service, as well as in the Digital Preferred, Digital Preferred Plus and Digital Premier levels.
Channel 410 » Pac-12 National in standard definition. It's in the Comcast Sports Entertainment Tier.
(For Comcast subscribers in Heber, the info is the same, but it's on Channel 53, Channel 757 and Channel 411.)
5. This has to be a marketing blunder by Comcast of the highest order. I currently have DirecTV for access to Fox Sports Arizona. So I call Comcast and say I may be ready to sign up IF they will tell me the 7 channels for the 7 network components and what will be the pricing structure? No reponse from their sales people. I cannot believe this is the situation with less than 6 weeks to go!! I share your enthusiasm but fear this is going to look like a 3 legged horse coming out of the starting gate and sometimes that sort of horse gets shot. If you get any kind of scoop on this you will get lots of attention.
You're not going to get all seven channels. I'm not aware of any of the markets that are getting all seven (although there may be some).
Locally on Comcast, you can get both P12N Mountain and P12N National.
All televised football games will be on all seven channels. All seven channels will air all the events designated as national. P12N Mountain will air the additional events from either Utah or Colorado.
Locals won't have access to the additional events involving the other 10 schools on the other five regional channels. So while you'll get to see a Utah-Washington volleyball game, you probably won't see a Washington-Oregon State volleyball game.
|1.||Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to baseball Hall|
|2.||Mormon church traces black priesthood ban to Brigham Young|
|3.||Mitt Romney documentary a standout amid Sundance’s stars|
|4.||Friends rally to help former Utah football star Bronzell Miller, given two weeks to live|
|5.||Few searchers remain in quest for 5 missing in central Idaho plane crash|
|6.||Grand America owner acquires flower shop|
|7.||Kirby: Investigating the truth about Santa Claus|
|8.||Real Salt Lake: Jason Kreis steps down as RSL coach|
|9.||Holiday cocktails: Mixing it up with Sugar House Libations|
|10.||Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman|