Selected Tweets from the Television Critics Association press tour in Beverly Hills, Calif. - and a few additional comments - from Friday, July 27.
How can you not love Connie Britton?
• Powers Boothe's #Nashville character is "so powerful we had to find somebody named Powers to play him," sez show's producer.
He's scary. So is his character.
So do I.
• Hayden Panettiere sez only similarities between her evil #Nashville character and Taylor Swift are age and hair color. Not height.
I like to think of her as Taylor Swift's short, evil twin.
• #ABC prez Paul Lee is here. He's an absolute master at giving the exact same amount of praise to great shows and terrible shows.
It's part of the job.
• Paul Lee "very excited" about Dancing With the Stars" all-stars cast, announced later today. Paul is very excited about everything.
It's part of the job.
• Bristol Palin is a "DWTS" all-star? There goes the whole premise right out the window.
The definition of "all-star" is "someone who has been on the show before."
• Lee sez he expects #ModernFamily season to start on time. He's "optimistic" they'll resolve contract dispute with cast.
And, by the end of the day, the dispute was resolved.
• That said, #LastResort pilot was one of my favorites this year. My son and daughters all praised it, too.
It was my favorite pilot of the upcoming fall season.
• "I feel like 'Revenge' has really made soaps cool again," sez #ABC prez Paul Lee. And he's absolutely right. Go soaps!
Just a personal opinion.
• Soaps writer is lobbying Paul Lee to bring back "All My Children" and "One Life to Live." Yeah, good luck with that.
Geez, soap writers are as out of touch as soap fans.
• The "all-stars" from #DancingWithTheStars are here. It's ... underwhelming.
Clearly, they are desperate for attention.
Don't think God cares who wins a reality show, let alone who's on it.
• This will be 5 reality show appearances for the Palins. They're closing in on the Kardashians.
It's sort of sad.
• "I definitely doesn't think it's our business," #BristolPalin sez of reality TV.
Yes, dear, it is.
"I like gays. I'm not a homophobic, and I'm so sick of people saying that," #BristolPalin sez.
That's an exact quote. And, perhaps, an indictment of whatever schools Palin attended. And nobody actually believes her.
Not that Palin has ever actually entered into a traditional marriage. Just single motherhood.
• #BristolPalin insists that if she stayed home in Alaska, "the media" would chase her as much as when she does reality TV. Baloney.
You can't keep going on TV and complaining when people write about you.
See? It wasn't just me.
True! Who would've thought?
This is going to be a critical punching bag. I won't hit it too hard.
Well, maybe the aliens.
But I'm curious to see where it ends up.
So maybe he's not the actual devil. Just one of the devil's minions.
I'm trying to be nice here.
But I thought Connie Britton was player Reba on "Nashville."
• "This probably will be my last project before I go to the Motion Picture Home," sez Lily Tomlin, 72.
Oh, I hope not.
• This season's worst title: #HowToLiveWithYourParents(ForTheRestOfYourLife).
And it's one of the worst shows, too.
• Creator Claudia Lonow sez "How to Live with Your Parents" is based on her real life. I sort of feel sorry for her.
Except she's much more successful and much richer than I am.
• "How to Live" star Brad Garrett wonders why questions aren't about show. Because nobody wants to talk about the show, sadly enough.
You can't handle the truth!
• "Being a divorced woman who lives with her parents is not a selling point," sez Claudia Lonow.
She spends weekends at her boyfriend's house.
• Typo of the day: ABC's list of talent for tonight's party lists cast members from "Don't Touch the B---- In Apartment 23."
Did something happen at that cocktail party last night?
Critics aren't enthusiastic about their show, for the most part.
Like, maybe, a non-boring show?
He's MUCH more successful and MUCH richer than I am.
Don't sleep and Tweet. Just say no.
Completely out of context here ...
We love TV.
|1.||‘Fit Mom’ Maria Kang, not yet over self, claims fatties are out to get her|
|2.||Scott D. Pierce: A dozen TV shows you can stop watching|
|3.||Ancient DNA from human relative sets age record|
|4.||Sundance adds children’s movies to 2014 line-up|
|5.||Recipes: 5 all-star holiday cookies from our archives|
|6.||Cottonwood Heights to use govt plows after privatization complaints|
|7.||Booze generates millions for Utah economy, study says|
|8.||Sundance Film Festival unwraps a fierce 2014 competition slate|
|9.||Making a TV Christmas specials list, checking it twice|
|10.||U. of U. cuts heat for a day after natural gas supply fails to arrive|