Selected Tweets from the Television Critics Association press tour in Beverly Hills, Calif. - and a few additional comments - from Friday, July 27.
How can you not love Connie Britton?
• Powers Boothe's #Nashville character is "so powerful we had to find somebody named Powers to play him," sez show's producer.
He's scary. So is his character.
So do I.
• Hayden Panettiere sez only similarities between her evil #Nashville character and Taylor Swift are age and hair color. Not height.
I like to think of her as Taylor Swift's short, evil twin.
• #ABC prez Paul Lee is here. He's an absolute master at giving the exact same amount of praise to great shows and terrible shows.
It's part of the job.
• Paul Lee "very excited" about Dancing With the Stars" all-stars cast, announced later today. Paul is very excited about everything.
It's part of the job.
• Bristol Palin is a "DWTS" all-star? There goes the whole premise right out the window.
The definition of "all-star" is "someone who has been on the show before."
• Lee sez he expects #ModernFamily season to start on time. He's "optimistic" they'll resolve contract dispute with cast.
And, by the end of the day, the dispute was resolved.
• That said, #LastResort pilot was one of my favorites this year. My son and daughters all praised it, too.
It was my favorite pilot of the upcoming fall season.
• "I feel like 'Revenge' has really made soaps cool again," sez #ABC prez Paul Lee. And he's absolutely right. Go soaps!
Just a personal opinion.
• Soaps writer is lobbying Paul Lee to bring back "All My Children" and "One Life to Live." Yeah, good luck with that.
Geez, soap writers are as out of touch as soap fans.
• The "all-stars" from #DancingWithTheStars are here. It's ... underwhelming.
Clearly, they are desperate for attention.
Don't think God cares who wins a reality show, let alone who's on it.
• This will be 5 reality show appearances for the Palins. They're closing in on the Kardashians.
It's sort of sad.
• "I definitely doesn't think it's our business," #BristolPalin sez of reality TV.
Yes, dear, it is.
"I like gays. I'm not a homophobic, and I'm so sick of people saying that," #BristolPalin sez.
That's an exact quote. And, perhaps, an indictment of whatever schools Palin attended. And nobody actually believes her.
Not that Palin has ever actually entered into a traditional marriage. Just single motherhood.
• #BristolPalin insists that if she stayed home in Alaska, "the media" would chase her as much as when she does reality TV. Baloney.
You can't keep going on TV and complaining when people write about you.
See? It wasn't just me.
True! Who would've thought?
This is going to be a critical punching bag. I won't hit it too hard.
Well, maybe the aliens.
But I'm curious to see where it ends up.
So maybe he's not the actual devil. Just one of the devil's minions.
I'm trying to be nice here.
But I thought Connie Britton was player Reba on "Nashville."
• "This probably will be my last project before I go to the Motion Picture Home," sez Lily Tomlin, 72.
Oh, I hope not.
• This season's worst title: #HowToLiveWithYourParents(ForTheRestOfYourLife).
And it's one of the worst shows, too.
• Creator Claudia Lonow sez "How to Live with Your Parents" is based on her real life. I sort of feel sorry for her.
Except she's much more successful and much richer than I am.
• "How to Live" star Brad Garrett wonders why questions aren't about show. Because nobody wants to talk about the show, sadly enough.
You can't handle the truth!
• "Being a divorced woman who lives with her parents is not a selling point," sez Claudia Lonow.
She spends weekends at her boyfriend's house.
• Typo of the day: ABC's list of talent for tonight's party lists cast members from "Don't Touch the B---- In Apartment 23."
Did something happen at that cocktail party last night?
Critics aren't enthusiastic about their show, for the most part.
Like, maybe, a non-boring show?
He's MUCH more successful and MUCH richer than I am.
Don't sleep and Tweet. Just say no.
Completely out of context here ...
We love TV.
|1.||Blood found on teen arrested in deaths of 2 adopted brothers|
|2.||Secret recording: Mark Shurtleff offers $2 million to silence critic|
|3.||Alleged cop killer Matthew Stewart hangs self in jail cell|
|4.||Weekend Express: 11 things to do in Utah on Memorial Day weekend|
|5.||First time ever, University of Utah student president impeached|
|6.||Planes, trains and orangutans: 12 distinctly Utah things to do this summer|
|7.||Watch Amanda Bynes get arrested in NYC on marijuana charge (VIDEO)|
|8.||Does Costco save you money?|
|9.||Utah painter McNaughton’s latest work, ‘Liberalism is a Disease’|
|10.||Red Rock Hot Club to play Downtown Farmers Market fundraiser|