"Cybergeddon Strikes" the TCA press tour
WEDNESDAY IN TWITTER
Not so much tweeting from me this day at the Television Critics Association press tour. Had to write a couple actual stories, and deal with some TCA business.
• #Oxygen exec is "so stoked" to have signed Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy to host tattoo show #BestInk. He's nearly hyperventilating. #TCAs12
He was absolutely giddy. I was sort of embarrassed for him.
• Shocking news - Travis Wall, dancers on #Oxygen's new show #AllTheRightMoves have egos, artistic temperaments. Seem nice, though. #TCAs12
In a clip, Wall's dumb partners are ticked that an investor suggested putting Wall's name on their new dance company. A blow to their egos, but perhaps a way to make the thing work. Duh.
• From my friend Todd VanDerWerff: Non-sarcasm time: I am really happy #tcas12 is branching out into online video stuff. It's the future of online video!
While setting up some of these panels a few weeks ago, I was on the phone with YouTube when Hulu called my cell phone. The world of television has changed.
• #Cybergeddon will launch on yahoo in 25 countries. #TCAs12
It's a 90-minute movie that will air online. From the Anthony Zuiker, the creator/executive producer of "CSI."
• The 90-minute #Cybergeddon movie will probably be released in nine 10-minute segments. #TCAs12
Or, apparently, you'll be able to watch it in its entirety after all nine segments have debuted.
• Actors took a huge cut in pay to appear in #Cybergeddon, Anthony Zuiker sez. #TCAs12
No surprise there.
• From my friend Roger Catlin: It's YouTube's first presentation at TCA. They're the first people who won't feel snubbed before a room of people online.
Some stars are taken aback when faced by a room full of people on their laptops just tweeting away.
See more about comments here.