Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Slamdance announces its award winners
The Slamdance Film Festival has finished up its annual run, giving out awards Thursday night.
Here are the award winners:
• Audience Award, Documentary Feature: "Kidnapped for Christ," directed by Kate S. Logan.
• Audience Award, Narrative Feature: "Copenhagen," directed by Mark Raso.
• Jury Award, Narrative Feature: "Rezeta," directed by Fernando Frias De La Parra.
• Jury Special Mention for Original Vision: "I Play With the Phrase Each Other," directed by Jay Alvarez.
• Jury Award, Documentary Feature: "Elliot," directed by Matthew Bauckman and Jaret Belliveau.
• Jury Special Mention for Most Compelling Personal Journey: "Huntington's Dance," directed by Chris Furbee.
• Jury Award, Documentary Short: "Glass Eyes of Locust Bayou," directed by Simon Mercer.
• Jury Special Mention for Cinematography in a Documentary Short: "White Earth," directed by J. Christian Jensen.
• Jury Award, Narrative Short: "Daybreak," directed by Ian Lagarde.
• Jury Special Mention for Narrative Short: "The Way," directed by Max Ksjonda.
• Jury Award: Animation Short: "The Path of Wind," directed by Kim Ju-im.
• Jury Award, Experimental Short: "Real Ethereal," directed by Evan Mann.
• Jury Award, Anarchy Short, "WAWD AHP," directed by Steve Girard.
• Spirit of Slamdance Award: "The Greggs," directed by Bruce Bundy, Nigel DeFriez, Rob Malone, Kira Pearson, Alex Mechanik, Jessie Levandov, Jonathan Rosenblit.
• Blackmagic Design Cinematography Award: "Sometimes I Dream I'm Flying," directed by Aneta Popiel-Machnicka.
• Slamdance Trailer Competition Grand Prize: "Love Steaks," directed by Jakob Lass.