The Slamdance Film Festival has finished up its annual run, giving out awards Thursday night.
Here are the award winners:
• Audience Award, Documentary Feature: "Kidnapped for Christ," directed by Kate S. Logan.
• Audience Award, Narrative Feature: "Copenhagen," directed by Mark Raso.
• Jury Award, Narrative Feature: "Rezeta," directed by Fernando Frias De La Parra.
• Jury Special Mention for Original Vision: "I Play With the Phrase Each Other," directed by Jay Alvarez.
• Jury Award, Documentary Feature: "Elliot," directed by Matthew Bauckman and Jaret Belliveau.
• Jury Special Mention for Most Compelling Personal Journey: "Huntington’s Dance," directed by Chris Furbee.
• Jury Award, Documentary Short: "Glass Eyes of Locust Bayou," directed by Simon Mercer.
• Jury Special Mention for Cinematography in a Documentary Short: "White Earth," directed by J. Christian Jensen.
• Jury Award, Narrative Short: "Daybreak," directed by Ian Lagarde.
• Jury Special Mention for Narrative Short: "The Way," directed by Max Ksjonda.
• Jury Award: Animation Short: "The Path of Wind," directed by Kim Ju-im.
• Jury Award, Experimental Short: "Real Ethereal," directed by Evan Mann.
• Jury Award, Anarchy Short, "WAWD AHP," directed by Steve Girard.
• Spirit of Slamdance Award: "The Greggs," directed by Bruce Bundy, Nigel DeFriez, Rob Malone, Kira Pearson, Alex Mechanik, Jessie Levandov, Jonathan Rosenblit.
• Blackmagic Design Cinematography Award: "Sometimes I Dream I’m Flying," directed by Aneta Popiel-Machnicka.
• Slamdance Trailer Competition Grand Prize: "Love Steaks," directed by Jakob Lass.
-- Sean P. Means
|1.||Paul Rolly: Blogger fired from language school over ‘homophonia’|
|2.||Annual liquor sales in Utah up $20 million|
|3.||Take off your clothes to make it in reality TV|
|4.||For selling risky mortgages, Bank of America fined $1.3B|
|5.||Chefs share tips for home cooks to waste not, want not|
|6.||Swallow, Shurtleff appear in court, vow to beat charges|
|7.||Photos: Santana works its musical magic at Red Butte Garden|
|8.||‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ blasts Marvel in a different direction|
|9.||Restaurant review: Flavor and style — for a Park City price — at Burgers and Bourbon|
|10.||Owner of dog shot by Utah police turns down $10,000 offer|