The Slamdance Film Festival has announced the names of the jurors who will pick the winners for the indie film festial that runs alongside the bigger Sundance Film Festival.
The festival runs Jan. 17-23 at the Treasure Mountain Inn in Park City. The awards ceremony happens on the 23rd.
Here are the jurors:
• Tom Hall, director of the Sarasota Film Festival.
• Matt Harrison, director of "Rhythm Thief" (Sundance ‘95) and "Kicked in the Head."
• Katie Mustard, producer ("Appropriate Behavior," screening in Sundance’s Next program).
• Tim League, founder and CEO of Alamo Drafthouse, co-founder of Fantastic Fest.
• Herb Stratford, programming director of the Napa Valley Film Festival, and a film critic in Tucson.
• Monteith McCollum, intermedia artist who works in film, sound and sculpture.
• Andrew Edison, writer/actor/director of "Bindlestiffs" (Slamdance ‘12).
• David Greenspan, editor and director on "Grey’s Anatomy," directed "Mall Cop" (Slamdance ‘05).
• Lisa Raven, writer/director/producer, "Low" (Slamdance ‘95), "Kinderwald" (which will play out of competition as Slamdance’s closing-night film).
• Jacques Thelemaque, writer/director and co-founder of Filmmakers Alliance.
• Kendall Shanks, artist and set designer, web series "Shanks FX."
• Joey Shanks, DIY filmmaker, creator of web series "Shanks FX" (and, yes, husband of Kendall Shanks — he proposed to her at a Slamdance Q-and-A last year).
• Skizz Cyzyk, filmmaker and musician, 18-year veteran of Slamdance.
-- Sean P. Means
|1.||Neon Trees’ Tyler Glenn proud to be gay and Mormon|
|2.||Questions linger in Megan Huntsman investigation|
|3.||LDS leader, Obama meet to push for immigration reform|
|4.||Paul McCartney gets back to Utah — August 7 at EnergySolutions Arena|
|5.||Atheist leader: ‘Mormonism demonstrates the power of indoctrination’|
|6.||Cannon: Share the gift of reading on World Book Night|
|7.||Old, new acts headline 29 Red Butte concerts|
|8.||Dash-cam video documents shooting death of Utah officer|
|9.||Utah teacher on leave after asking kids to list genitalia slang|