Slamdance picks its winners
Published on Jan 27, 2012 12:24PM
The Slamdance Film Festival gave out its awards on Thursday night, celebrating rebel filmmaking.
Here's a list of the winners:
- Audience Award, feature documentary: "Getting Up," Caskey Ebeling.
- Audience Award, feature narrative: "Bindlestiffs," Andrew Edison.
- Grand Jury Sparky Award, feature narrative: "Welcome to Pine Hill," Keith Miller.
- Special Jury Award for Bold Originality: "Heavy Girls," Axel Ranisch.
- Grand Jury Sparky Award, feature documentary: "No Ashes, No Phoenix," Jens Pfeifer.
- Grand Jury Sparky Award, short documentary: "The Professional," Skylar Neilsen.
- Grand Jury Sparky Award, animation: "Venus," Tor Fruergaard.
- Grand Jury Sparky Award, short film: "I Am John Wayne," Christina Choe.
- Special Jury Prize, experimental short: "Solipsist," Andrew Huang.
- Honorable mention – Best Ensemble: "I'm Coming Over," Sam Handel.
- Spirit of Slamdance Sparky Award: "Heavy Girls (Dicke Mädchen), Axel Ranisch, Heiko Pinkowski, Anne Baeker.
- Kodak Vision Award (Best Cinematography): "Faith, Love and Whiskey," Kristina Nikolova.
- Panasonic AF100 Award for "The Five Flavors of Filmmaking" competition: Josh Gibson, "Kudzu Vine."
Copyright 2013 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
About Reader Comments
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account
. See more about comments here.