After speech, Huntsman rocking Twitter
Published on May 7, 2011 02:54PM
Jon Huntsman Jr. has yet to send a single tweet that we know of -- but he sure got a lot of traction on Twitter on Saturday during and after his commencement address at the University of South Carolina. His political team, obviously hoping for a good splash from the former Utah governor's first public address, even sent around a list of some of the best reaction:
- "Jon Huntsman Delivered One Hell Of A Commencement Address To Graduates. Lively, Interesting, Inspirational." (@TravHaney, Tweet, 5/7/11)
- "I Have Found The GOP's Nominee And His Name Is Jon Huntsman." (@hakeemjefferson, Tweet, 5/7/11)
- "Had A Great Chat With Huntsman After Commencement. He Was Very Personal, Appreciative, And Humble."(@taycain, Tweet, 5/7/11)
- "I Really Like Jon Huntsman. To Me, He Isn't Just The Least Worst Pick." (@RSH712, Tweet, 5/7/11)
- "One Hell Of A Speech By Jon Huntsman. He Might Just Have A Shot At The GOP Nomination."(@TayCain, Tweet, 5/7/11)
- "Huntsman Is Good." (@hakeemjefferson, Tweet, 5/7/11)
- "Jon Huntsman Quoted @BenFolds "The Luckiest" In His Speech To Univ Of South Carolina Students. Guess I Have To Vote For Him." (@CoryEuc, Tweet, 5/7/11)
But while Huntsman didn't appear to be one of the top trends on Twitter this afternoon, there were a few other thought bursts that didn't make the would-be campaign's list, so I thought I'd share:
- "He's crazy RT @jmartpolitico "I am either certifiably crazy or an incurable patriot" to be thinking about a pres bid -- Huntsman (@zackstephenson, Tweet, 5/7/11)
- "RED ALERT- John Huntsman is on the prowl. His hair is an old boarding school nemesis of mine. I will cut that bastard." (@mittshair, Tweet, 5/7/11)
- "I could stomach Huntsman if I had to. Anyone but Obama." (@DoctNo, Tweet, 5/7/11)
- "Huntsman quotes Ben Folds in speech. This guy seems to have his shi** together." (ACEness, Tweet, 5/7/11)
Feel free to post your favorite below.
-- Thomas Burr
Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
About Reader Comments
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account
. See more about comments here.