Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Plans for the weekend: Reggae, folk, rock and more
• Reggae-rock band Rebelution brings its "Count Me In" summer tour tonight to Saltair, 12408 W. Saltair Drive, Magna. Opening acts: Iration, The Green, Stick Figure. Show starts at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $30, at Smith's Tix.
• Country trio Due West performs tonight at Sandy Amphitheater, 9400 S. 1300 East, Sandy. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets, from $10 to $16, available at Smith's Tix.
• Roots-rock siblings Dave and Phil Alvin and their current band, The Guilty Ones, perform tonight at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: The Far West. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $25, at the venue's website.
• Alt-rock band The Presidents of the United States of America performs tonight at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Opening act: July Talk. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $20, at Smith's Tix.
• The "Nashville Cafe" show featuring performers from ABC's series "Nashville" — Charles Esten, Clare Bowen, Chris Carmack, and Lennon and Maisy Stella — arrives Saturday at Deer Valley Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheatre, 2250 Deer Valley Drive, Park City. Part of the St. Regis Big Stars Bright Nights series. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $45 (lawn seating), $65 to $85 (reserved seating), at bigstarsbrightnightsconcerts.org.
• Hip-hop performers Celph Titled and Apathy perform Saturday at Lo-Fi Cafe, 445 S. 400 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Reef The Lost Cauze, SMG's, Melvin Junko, Pure Presure, DJ Street Jesus. Show starts at 8:30 p.m. Tickets are $18 in advance, $20 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix.
• Americana/roots-rock band Strand of Oaks performs Sunday at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening act: Christopher Denny. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10, at 24Tix.
• "Red dirt" country rock act The Wade Bowen Band performs Sunday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Sean McConnell. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15, at the venue's website.
• Ska pioneers The English Beat performs Sunday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $23 in advance, $25 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix and 24Tix.