• U92’s Summer Jam, the Salt Lake City radio station’s annual hip-hop extravaganza, happens today and tonight at the Utah State Fairpark, 1000 W. North Temple, Salt Lake City. On the bill: T.I., Warren G, DEV, Big Omeezy, Acafool, Big A LTA, and more. Show starts at 4 p.m. Tickets are $35, at Smith’s Tix.
• Reggae-inflected rock band 311 performs tonight at Usana Amphitheatre, 5150 S. 6055 West, West Valley City. Opening acts: Dirty Heads, Pepper, Aer. Show starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $29, at Smith’s Tix.
• Local pop-punk/alternative band Larusso celebrates its CD release with a show tonight at Infinity Event Center, 26 E. 600 South, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: The Last Gatsby, Smile For The Captain, Attack The Sunset, Here And The After. Show starts at 6:30. Tickets are $15, at 24Tix or at the door.
• Utah rock band New City Skyline performs tonight at The Complex, 536 W. 100 South, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Westward The Tide. After-party with DJ Ross K. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $10, at Smith’s Tix.
• Utah folk-rock group Hectic Hobo celebrates its CD release with a show tonight at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Also on the bill: Folk Hogan, Crook & The Bluff. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $10, at the venue’s website.
• Real Salt Lake plays host to Seattle Sounders FC in a key Major League Soccer match, Saturday at Rio Tinto Stadium, 9270 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Game starts at 12:30 p.m. (Yup, it’s a day game; wear your sunscreen.) Tickets available at the Rio Tinto website.
• Orem hardcore/rock band Sea Swallowed Us Whole marks the release of its EP with a show Saturday at the Murray Theatre, 4959 S. State St., Murray. Opening act: Hearts & Hands. Show starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Pop-punk band In Her Own Words performs Saturday at The Loading Dock, 445 S. 400 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Wired For Havoc, The Feros Project, The Mailbox Order. Show starts at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 on the day of the show, available at 24Tix.
• Pop-rock singer-songwriter one-man-band John Ondrasik, who performs under the name Five For Fighting, performs Saturday at the Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheatre at Deer Valley, 2250 Deer Valley Drive, Park City. Part of the St. Regis Big Stars Bright Nights concert series. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets, from $40 to $75, at the Eccles Center website.
|1.||Lindsey, Burke address internet photo issue|
|2.||In Utah, Mormon chapels are here, there and everywhere|
|3.||Utah school district settles with family of boy who killed himself|
|4.||They did, then they did again. Clooney and wife do No. 2 ‘I do’|
|5.||LDS meeting: Feminists seeking change find it in subtle wording|
|6.||Utah Jazz: Trey Burke apologizes for leaked nude photographs|
|7.||Where in Utah was this photo taken? Email your guess to email@example.com for a chance to win a book|
|8.||Poll: Utahns evenly split as Supreme Court considers gay marriage|
|9.||Trib Talk: AP U.S. history test scrutinized|
|10.||Violent assault ruled out in death of Utah family, but not foul play|