Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Plans for the weekend: 311 at Usana, rap at the Fairpark
• U92's Summer Jam, the Salt Lake City radio station's annual hip-hop extravaganza, happens today and tonight at the Utah State Fairpark, 1000 W. North Temple, Salt Lake City. On the bill: T.I., Warren G, DEV, Big Omeezy, Acafool, Big A LTA, and more. Show starts at 4 p.m. Tickets are $35, at Smith's Tix.
• Reggae-inflected rock band 311 performs tonight at Usana Amphitheatre, 5150 S. 6055 West, West Valley City. Opening acts: Dirty Heads, Pepper, Aer. Show starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $29, at Smith's Tix.
• Local pop-punk/alternative band Larusso celebrates its CD release with a show tonight at Infinity Event Center, 26 E. 600 South, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: The Last Gatsby, Smile For The Captain, Attack The Sunset, Here And The After. Show starts at 6:30. Tickets are $15, at 24Tix or at the door.
• Utah rock band New City Skyline performs tonight at The Complex, 536 W. 100 South, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Westward The Tide. After-party with DJ Ross K. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $10, at Smith's Tix.
• Utah folk-rock group Hectic Hobo celebrates its CD release with a show tonight at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Also on the bill: Folk Hogan, Crook & The Bluff. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $10, at the venue's website.
• Real Salt Lake plays host to Seattle Sounders FC in a key Major League Soccer match, Saturday at Rio Tinto Stadium, 9270 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Game starts at 12:30 p.m. (Yup, it's a day game; wear your sunscreen.) Tickets available at the Rio Tinto website.
• Orem hardcore/rock band Sea Swallowed Us Whole marks the release of its EP with a show Saturday at the Murray Theatre, 4959 S. State St., Murray. Opening act: Hearts & Hands. Show starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Pop-punk band In Her Own Words performs Saturday at The Loading Dock, 445 S. 400 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Wired For Havoc, The Feros Project, The Mailbox Order. Show starts at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 on the day of the show, available at 24Tix.
• Pop-rock singer-songwriter one-man-band John Ondrasik, who performs under the name Five For Fighting, performs Saturday at the Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheatre at Deer Valley, 2250 Deer Valley Drive, Park City. Part of the St. Regis Big Stars Bright Nights concert series. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets, from $40 to $75, at the Eccles Center website.