• The sixth annual Craft Lake City DIY Festival — featuring Utah artisans along with food, drink and kid’s activities — happens tonight and Saturday at the Gallivan Center, 239 S. Main St., Salt Lake City. The event runs from 5 to 10 p.m. tonight, and noon to 10 p.m. Saturday. Free; limited tickets to the VIP patio are $35, at 24Tix.
• Folk-rock singer songwriter Ray LaMontagne performs tonight at Red Butte Garden, 300 Wakara Way, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Opening act: The Belle Brigade (who are also LaMontagne’s backing band). The show starts at 7 p.m., and is sold out.
• The Utah Symphony and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir perform tonight at the Deer Valley Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheatre, 2250 Deer Valley Drive, Park City. Part of the Deer Valley Music Festival. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. Lawn seating is still available, for $32, at ArtTix.
• Melodic hardcore band Hundredth headlines the "Common Vision Tour," playing Saturday at the Murray Theatre, 4959 S. State St., Murray. Opening acts: Counterparts, Handguns, Being As An Ocean, Forever Came Calling, Capsize, My Iron Lung. Show starts at 5:30 p.m. Tickets are $15, available at Smith’s Tix.
• Korean-American folk-rock band Run River North performs Saturday at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening act: Hectic Hobo. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Pop-rock singer-pianist Ben Folds performs with The Utah Symphony Saturday at the Deer Valley Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheatre, 2250 Deer Valley Drive, Park City. Part of the Deer Valley Music Festival. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. Lawn seating is still available, for $42, at ArtTix.
• Politically charged comedian Bill Maher performs Saturday at Kingsbury Hall, 1395 E. Presidents Circle, University of Utah, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8. Tickets, from $55 to $95, at Smith’s Tix and the Kingsbury website.
• Two jazz combos, Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue and Galactic, share the bill Sunday at Red Butte Garden, 300 Wakara Way, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $43 (general), at the Red Butte website.
|1.||Mitt Romney to make his home in Utah|
|2.||DA says Dillon Taylor officer-involved killing was justified|
|3.||Relatives speak about Utah family of 5 found dead in home|
|4.||Two Utah schools get blue ribbon award|
|5.||Utah adds a few more fish to the ‘do not eat’ list|
|6.||Utah Jazz notes: Mixed results in first practice for Exum, Hood|
|7.||Restaurant review: Utah duo takes chance on Korean standbys with contemporary spin|
|8.||Exxon Mobil acknowledges risks of fracking|
|9.||Pierce: NFL, BYU prioritize TV viewers over ticket buyers|
|10.||Utah Jazz: Lindsey expects to keep Kanter, Burks ‘a long time’|