Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Plans for the weekend: Folk, jazz, classical and Bill Maher
• The sixth annual Craft Lake City DIY Festival — featuring Utah artisans along with food, drink and kid's activities — happens tonight and Saturday at the Gallivan Center, 239 S. Main St., Salt Lake City. The event runs from 5 to 10 p.m. tonight, and noon to 10 p.m. Saturday. Free; limited tickets to the VIP patio are $35, at 24Tix.
• Folk-rock singer songwriter Ray LaMontagne performs tonight at Red Butte Garden, 300 Wakara Way, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Opening act: The Belle Brigade (who are also LaMontagne's backing band). The show starts at 7 p.m., and is sold out.
• The Utah Symphony and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir perform tonight at the Deer Valley Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheatre, 2250 Deer Valley Drive, Park City. Part of the Deer Valley Music Festival. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. Lawn seating is still available, for $32, at ArtTix.
• Melodic hardcore band Hundredth headlines the "Common Vision Tour," playing Saturday at the Murray Theatre, 4959 S. State St., Murray. Opening acts: Counterparts, Handguns, Being As An Ocean, Forever Came Calling, Capsize, My Iron Lung. Show starts at 5:30 p.m. Tickets are $15, available at Smith's Tix.
• Korean-American folk-rock band Run River North performs Saturday at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening act: Hectic Hobo. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Pop-rock singer-pianist Ben Folds performs with The Utah Symphony Saturday at the Deer Valley Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheatre, 2250 Deer Valley Drive, Park City. Part of the Deer Valley Music Festival. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. Lawn seating is still available, for $42, at ArtTix.
• Politically charged comedian Bill Maher performs Saturday at Kingsbury Hall, 1395 E. Presidents Circle, University of Utah, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8. Tickets, from $55 to $95, at Smith's Tix and the Kingsbury website.
• Two jazz combos, Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue and Galactic, share the bill Sunday at Red Butte Garden, 300 Wakara Way, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $43 (general), at the Red Butte website.