• Two '70s hit-making bands, Boston and The Doobie Brothers, share the bill at Usana Amphitheatre, 5150 S. 6055 West, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7:30. Tickets, from $30 to $70, available at Smith's Tix.
Plans for tonight: Music, old and new
First Published Aug 05 2014 01:40PM • Last Updated Aug 05 2014 01:40 pm
• Singer-songwriter Jolie Holland, who blends folk, country, rock, jazz and blues, performs at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Shy Hunters. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $15, at 24Tix.
- Kirby: Home teaching -- Mormonism's answer to Mister Rogers
- D.C. underground pot market is growing, thanks to an unwitting Chaffetz
- Noah Feldman: Trump's critics should avoid the Watergate trap
- 'I ain't fit to live': Mississippi gunman says, admitting he killed 8 people
- Utah officials are trying to figure out who owns various water sources in Salt Lake City