• Two '70s hit-making bands, Boston and The Doobie Brothers, share the bill at Usana Amphitheatre, 5150 S. 6055 West, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7:30. Tickets, from $30 to $70, available at Smith's Tix.
Plans for tonight: Music, old and new
First Published Aug 05 2014 01:40PM • Last Updated Aug 05 2014 01:40 pm
• Singer-songwriter Jolie Holland, who blends folk, country, rock, jazz and blues, performs at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Shy Hunters. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $15, at 24Tix.
- Garrison Keillor: And now we sit and watch in disbelief
- LGBT activist plans ad blitz targeting Mormon church's tax-exempt status
- After long election lines, lawmaker looking to ditch universal mail-in voting
- Comments: Letter: Utah is a state of hollow sentiments
- Kragthorpe: Despite Green's criticism, Quin Snyder has the right to keep coaching to the end