• Two '70s hit-making bands, Boston and The Doobie Brothers, share the bill at Usana Amphitheatre, 5150 S. 6055 West, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7:30. Tickets, from $30 to $70, available at Smith's Tix.
Plans for tonight: Music, old and new
First Published Aug 05 2014 01:40PM • Last Updated Aug 05 2014 01:40 pm
• Singer-songwriter Jolie Holland, who blends folk, country, rock, jazz and blues, performs at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Shy Hunters. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $15, at 24Tix.
- In early Utah turnout, a third more Democrats than expected have voted
- Utah football: Utes face a huge challenge against No. 4 Washington (with video)
- Op-ed: Why McMullin is a mirage in the Utah desert
- Utah Jazz ready to fight through expectations and injuries to prove themselves in the 'wild, wild We
- Business among Salt Lake City's homeless: corpses, tents and maybe a store exodus