See more about comments here.
Utah State Fair headliners: Beach Boys, Grand Funk Railroad, Zendaya
Considering how real-estate developers have been drooling over the prospect of paving over or bulldozing the Utah State Fairpark at North Temple and 1000 West, it may have slipped your attention that the 159th Utah State Fair actually will happen there, Sept. 4-14.
The talent performing on the grandstand has been announced — and it includes three big headliners: Classic rock bands The Beach Boys (Sept. 8) and Grand Funk Railroad (Sept. 12), and Disney Channel singing sensation Zendaya (Sept. 13). Tickets for those three shows go on sale Friday, at the State Fair's website.
Here's the full rundown:
• Thursday through Sunday, Sept. 4-7 • The Solution Action Sports Box Jump and Half Pipe Show, featuring BMX athletes performing "heart-pounding tricks." (Free with fair admission.)
• Monday, Sept. 8 • The Beach Boys, headed by Mike Love, delivering their classic surf-rock sound. ($24 in advance, $29 on the day of the show; includes fair admission; on sale Friday, Aug. 1.)
• Wednesday, Sept. 10 • No show scheduled.
• Friday, Sept. 12 • Grand Funk Railroad, classic rock act. (Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 on the day of the show; includes fair admission; on sale Friday, Aug. 1.)
• Saturday, Sept. 13 • Zendaya, teen pop singer and star of the Disney Channel series "Shake It Up." (Tickets are $22 in advance, $27 on the day of the show; includes fair admission; on sale Friday, Aug. 1.)
• Sunday, Sept. 14 • Conjunto Primavera and Los Hermanos Vega Jr., Mexican bands. (Tickets are $25 in advance, $30 on the day of the show; includes fair admission; date of ticket sales to be announced.)