See more about comments here.
Plans for the weekend: Getting Warped
• The Park City Kimball Arts Festival happens tonight through Sunday on Main Street in Park City. The event includes 200 artists booths, live music, interactive art exhibits, a children's area, food vendors and more. Hours are 5 to 9 p.m. tonight, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday. Tickets are $10 for a weekend pass; $5 for children and students (6 to 17 years old); free to kids under 5. (Tonight's events are free for Summit County residents.)
• Hard-rock legends Mötley Crüe and Alice Cooper share the bill tonight at Usana Amphitheatre, 5150 S. 6055 West, West Valley City. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets, from $30 to $100, available at Smith's Tix.
• The Utah Symphony performs "Tale As Old As Time," a program of music from Disney classics, tonight at the Deer Valley Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheater, 2250 Deer Valley Drive, Park City. The show, part of the Deer Valley Music Festival, starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets, from $32 to $69, available at ArtTix.
• New Orleans jazz/funk ensemble The Stooges Brass Band performs tonight at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Jared & The Mill. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $15, at the venue's website.
• The Vans Warped Tour, an all-day alt-rock extravaganza, invades the Utah State Fairpark on Saturday. (Click here for the list of bands.) Gates open at 11 a.m. Tickets are $23.50 to $30 in advance, $40 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix.
• Ska-punk rock band RX Bandits and prog-rock band The Dear Hunter share the bill Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening act: From Indian Lakes. Show starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $18 in advance, $22 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix.
• The Utah Symphony performs "Super Diamond," a program of Neil Diamond hits, Saturday at the Deer Valley Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheater, 2250 Deer Valley Drive, Park City. The show, part of the Deer Valley Music Festival, starts at 7:30 p.m. Lawn tickets, at $32, still available at ArtTix.
• Pop singer-songwriter Sara Bareilles brings her Little Black Dress Tour Sunday to Saltair, 12408 W. Saltair Drive, Magna. Opening acts: Emily King, Hannah Georgas. Show starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $35 in advance, $40 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix and 24Tix.
• Blues-rock guitarist John Hiatt and his band, The Combo, co-headline with blues great Taj Mahal and his trio, Sunday at Red Butte Garden, 300 Wakara Way, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7. Tickets are $42 (general), at the Red Butte website.
• The "Muscle Shoals Live" tour — featuring R&B and rock session players from the famed Alabama studios, along with "20 Feet From Stardom" singer Lisa Fischer — lands Sunday at the Deer Valley Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheater, 2250 Deer Valley Drive, Park City. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets, from $40 to $75, available at the St. Regis series' website.