Plans for tonight: Don’t stop believin’
• Country Explosion 2014 begins its four-day run at the Deseret Peak Complex, 2930 W. Highway 112, Tooele. Tonight’s headliner: Country trio Rascal Flatts, with opening acts Easton Corbin and Robert Earl Keen. Show starts at 5 p.m. today (starts at 3 p.m. on Friday, and noon on Saturday and Sunday). Tickets, from $20 to $655, available at the Country Explosion website.
• Alternative rock Say Anything performs at In The Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: The Front Bottoms, The So So Glos, You Blew It! Show starts at 6:30. Tickets are $22, at 24Tix and Smith’s Tix.
• Legendary rock bands Journey and Steve Miller Band co-headline at Usana Amphitheatre, 5150 S. 6055 West, West Valley City. Opening act: Tower of Power. Show starts at 6:45 p.m. Tickets, from $44-$135, at Smith’s Tix.
• Art-rock band TV on the Radio performs in this week’s Twilight Concert Series show, at Pioneer Park, 300 West and 300 South, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Twin Shadow. Show starts at 7; gates for the Twilight Market open at 5 p.m. Tickets are $5, at the gates.
• Dan Reynolds, frontman for the popular rock band Imagine Dragons, will perform an acoustic set at Sandy Amphitheater, 9400 S. 1300 East, Sandy. Proceeds go to the family of Kim White, a Utah woman battling cancer. Opening acts: Joshua James, Timmy the Teeth. Show starts at 7. Tickets, from $25 to $30.50, at Smith’s Tix.