• The Salt Lake City International Jazz Festival happens tonight and Saturday, at Gallivan Center, 239 S. Main St., Salt Lake City. Tonight’s headliner: Ellis Hall. Saturday’s headliners: Santa Fe & The Fat City Horns. Show runs 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. tonight; 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday. Tickets are $12 in advance, $16 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix. A 2-day pass is $20 in advance, $32 on the day of the show, also at Smith’s Tix.
• The Damn These Heels! Salt Lake City International LGBT Film Festival runs tonight through Sunday at the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center, 138 W. 300 South, Salt Lake City. Tickets are $6 for individual screenings. For program and pass information, go to the Utah Film Center website.
• The music/art project Young & Sick performs tonight at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Bent Denim, Forest Feathers. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $12, at 24Tix.
• The Utah Symphony continues the Deer Valley Music Festival with two shows — the music of John Williams tonight, and the music of U2 on Saturday — at Deer Valley Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheatre, 2250 Deer Valley Drive, Park City. Shows start at 7:30 p.m. each night. Tickets, from $32 to $85, at ArtTix for tonight’s and Saturday’s show.
• Hardcore/punk band Ceremony performs tonight at The Shred Shed, 60 E. Exchange Place (360 South), Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Angel Dust, Forced Order. Show starts at 7. Tickets are $12, available at 24Tix.
• The "Reggae Rise-Up" happens Saturday and Sunday at Liberty Park, 600 East and 1300 South, Salt Lake City. Saturday’s headliners: Matisyahu, The Expendables. Sunday’s headliners: Slightly Stoopid, Stephen Ragga Marley. Show starts at 1 p.m. each day. Tickets are $25 to 35 for one day, or $40 to $60 for both days, at Smith’s Tix.
• Electro-pop duo Blood on the Dance Floor performs Saturday at the Murray Theater, 4959 S. State St., Murray. Opening acts: Millionaires, Haley Rose. Show starts at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $16, at Smith’s Tix.
• Pop-rock singer-songwriter Andy Grammer performs Saturday at The Complex, 536 W. 100 South, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Andrew Ripp, Ashley Hess. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $19, at Smith’s Tix and 24Tix.
• Piano-rock singer-songwriter Andrew McMahon performs Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Wild Party. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $25 in advance, $28 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix or 24Tix.
• Rapper Rittz performs Sunday at The Complex, 536 W. 100 South, Salt Lake City. Openiing acts: Tuki Carter, Raz Simone . Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $19 in advance, $21 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
|1.||Luxury fashion takes on wearable fitness technology|
|2.||Dad: Utah woman accused of putting baby in trash has disability|
|3.||Judge finalizes ‘Sister Wives’ ruling as both sides prepare for appeals|
|4.||Consumers want Utah liquor stores to offer better hours|
|5.||Idaho seizes boys from Utah polygamous sect|
|6.||Restaurant review: Rye rocks in space next to Urban Lounge|
|7.||UTA attacked, defended after tough audit|
|8.||Food briefs: Salt Lake has worst tippers, survey says|
|9.||Trib Talk: UTA defends against audit|