Plans for the weekend: Utah Arts Festival weekend
The 38th annual Utah Arts Festival continues today through Sunday at Library Square, 200 East and 400 South, Salt Lake City. The festival runs from noon to 11 p.m. each day. Here are the major events for each day:
Today • Dixieland/ragtime jazz revival band Blair Crimmins & The Hookers at 8:30 p.m. at the Amphitheater Stage, followed by psychedelic rock band Chris Robinson Brotherhood at 9:45 p.m.; African world-beat singer Angelique Kidjo at the Festival Stage at 9:45 p.m.
Saturday • IAMA's folk music program, on the Festival Stage, starting with the Susane Millsaps Performing Songwriter Showcase winner at 8:30 p.m., followed by folk multi-instrumentalist John McCutcheon at 9 p.m. and the bluegrass/jam band Mountain Heart at 9:50 p.m.; Josiel Perez' AC Jazz Project, a collaboration of Cuban jazz and dance musicians, at the Park Stage at 9:45 p.m.
Sunday • Funk/blues world-fusion band Harper and Midwest Kind will take to the Art Yard stage at 2 p.m., the City & County Building steps at 4:30 p.m., then play the Park Stage at 9 p.m.; the MarchFourth Marching Band, a blues/funk cabaret band, will be roaming at 7:30 p.m., and headlining on the Amphitheater Stage at 9:45 p.m.
Admission is $12 for adults ($6 before 3 p.m. today only), $6 for seniors, free for children 12 and under.
Here are the entertainment highlights elsewhere this weekend:
• Reggae/R&B/funk band Common Kings performs Saturday at The Complex, 536 W. 100 South, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Sammy J, The Jimmy Weeks Project. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $21 in advance, $24 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix.
• Metal band Disforia performs Saturday at the Murray Theatre, 4959 S. State St., Murray. Opening acts: Turned To Stone, Never Before, Machines of Man, Dethrone the Sovereign. Show starts at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Experimental hardcore band For the Sake Of performs Saturday at Loading Dock, 445 S. 400 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Hands of the Martyr, Descend the Empyre, Rotten Hand, No Safe Way Home. Show starts at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 on the day of the show, available at 24Tix.
• Country/folk-rock duo The Bacon Brothers perform Saturday at Deer Valley Snow Park Amphitheatre, 2250 Deer Valley Drive, Park City. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $40, at the Eccles Center website.
• Southern-metal band Jackyl and all-female hard-rock band Vixen co-headline Saturday at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $30 in advance, $35 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix.
• Soul/pop legend Bill Medley, half of the Righteous Brothers, performs tonight and Saturday at the Egyptian Theatre, 328 S. Main St., Park City. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets, from $49 to $80 in advance (add $5 at the door), at the Egyptian website.
• Indie-rock singer-songwriters Gavin DeGraw and Matt Nathanson co-headline Sunday at Red Butte Garden, 300 Wakara Way, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Mary Lambert. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $50 (general), at the Red Butte website.