Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Plans for the weekend: Cray and Staples, on one stage
• A punk-rock concert, where scenes for the movie "SLC Punk 2: Punk's Dead" will be shot, happens tonight at The Complex, 536 W. 100 South, Salt Lake City. Bands on the bill: Screeching Weasel, Dwarves, Eight Bucks Experiment, Ulteriors, Dog Party. Show starts at 5:30 p.m. (People attending must know that they may end up in the movie.) Tickets are $15, at Smith's Tix.
• Blues act The Robert Cray Band and R&B/gospel legend Mavis Staples co-headline tonight at Red Butte Garden, 300 Wakara Way, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $40 (general), at the venue's website.
• Post-hardcore noise-rock band Young Widows performs at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening act: White Reaper. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Industrial-metal artist Wayne Static performs Saturday at Lo-Fi Cafe, 445 S. 400 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Thira, Shadow of the Giant, Downfall, Perish Lane, Burn The Gallows. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $14 in advance, $16 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix or via 24Tix.
• Psychedelic/garage-rock band King Khan & The Shrines performs Sunday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Red Mass, Mr. Elevator & the Brain Hotel. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $16, at 24Tix.