• A punk-rock concert, where scenes for the movie "SLC Punk 2: Punk’s Dead" will be shot, happens tonight at The Complex, 536 W. 100 South, Salt Lake City. Bands on the bill: Screeching Weasel, Dwarves, Eight Bucks Experiment, Ulteriors, Dog Party. Show starts at 5:30 p.m. (People attending must know that they may end up in the movie.) Tickets are $15, at Smith’s Tix.
• Blues act The Robert Cray Band and R&B/gospel legend Mavis Staples co-headline tonight at Red Butte Garden, 300 Wakara Way, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $40 (general), at the venue’s website.
• Post-hardcore noise-rock band Young Widows performs at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening act: White Reaper. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Industrial-metal artist Wayne Static performs Saturday at Lo-Fi Cafe, 445 S. 400 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Thira, Shadow of the Giant, Downfall, Perish Lane, Burn The Gallows. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $14 in advance, $16 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix or via 24Tix.
• Psychedelic/garage-rock band King Khan & The Shrines performs Sunday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Red Mass, Mr. Elevator & the Brain Hotel. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $16, at 24Tix.
|1.||Martin MacNeill gets up to life in prison for wife’s murder|
|2.||Utah rally: Same-sex marriage would hurt children|
|3.||Fall TV preview: The best and worst of fall TV|
|4.||Movie review: ‘Maze Runner’ sends viewers going in circles|
|5.||In ninja gear and claiming to be polygamists, women invade Utah home|
|6.||Utah teacher to stand trial on charges of sex with second boy|
|7.||Pac-12: Utah over Michigan, Oregon State over SDSU|
|8.||Lawmaker: All Utah restaurants should have a ‘Zion Curtain’|
|9.||Ordain Women will take its message local to Mormon congregations|
|10.||Darrien Hunt : A life cut short mourned by family, friends|