• The 2014 Utah Pride Festival happens this weekend, at Washington Square and Library Square, 200 E. 400 South, Salt Lake City. Tonight features the Grand Marshal reception, at 7 p.m.; tickets are $40. Saturday events include the Pride Day 5K (at 9 a.m.), rallies at noon and 2 p.m., and the festival opens from 4 to 11 p.m. — with pop-rock singer Betty Who performing at 8 p.m. on the Washington Square main stage. Sunday’s events start with the Pride Parade, starting at 10 a.m., and the festival opens from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., with singer-songwriter Steve Grand performing at 5:15 p.m. at the main stage. Festival tickets are $8 per day, or $16 for a weekend pass, at the festival’s website.
• R&B/punk combo Andre Williams & The Gold Stars performs tonight and Saturday at The Garage on Beck, 1199 N. Beck St., Salt Lake City. Show starts at 9 p.m. both nights. Tickets are $17 for tonight’s show and Saturday’s show, at 24Tix.
• Real Salt Lake takes on the Portland Timbers, in the last MLS action before the World Cup break, Saturday at Rio Tinto Stadium, 9270 S. State St., Sandy. Game starts at 8 p.m. Limited tickets available at the Rio Tinto website.
• Heavy-metal band Red Fang headlines Saturday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Big Business, American Sharks, Top Dead Celebrity, Worst Friends. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15, at 24Tix.
• Horror-punk singer Michale Graves, of The Misfits, performs Sunday at Metro Bar, 540 W. 200 South, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Shadow Windhawk and the Morticians. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $13 in advance, $15 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Pompadour-wearing R&B/soul singer Janelle Monae performs Sunday at Red Butte Garden, 300 Wakara Way, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $62 (general), at Ticketfly.
• Folk-rock singer Star Anna performs Sunday at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Heather Reid, Michelle Moonshine. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10, at 24Tix.
|1.||Paul Rolly: Blogger fired from language school over ‘homophonia’|
|2.||Movie review: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ breaks the Marvel mold|
|3.||TV preview: ‘Hell on Wheels’ mocks Mormons|
|4.||Utah Jazz have plenty of cap space, decisions ahead|
|5.||Rolly: Mormon discount? When it comes to car rentals, faith matters|
|6.||Utah Jazz: Michigan man sues Burke, Shaq for defamation|
|7.||Photos: Wu-Tang Clan at Twilight concert in Salt Lake City|
|8.||Sean P. Means: In battle of comic cons, Salt Lake is already winning|
|9.||Work begins on final office building at Lehi’s tech hub|
|10.||Year after husband’s death, Utah ethicist reflects on her journey through grief|