Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Plans for the weekend: Victor Wooten, in front
• Death-metal band Abigail Williams headlines an all-metal show Saturday at The Shred Shed, 60 E. Exchange Place (360 South), Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Headcases, Dethrone the Sovereign. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Seattle hip-hop artist Grieves performs Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening act: SonReal, Fearce Vill. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15, at Smith's Tix and 24Tix.
• Female-fueled reggae/R&B band NRG Rising performs Saturday at Bar Deluxe, 666 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Sarah B Band, Bludgeon Muffin. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $12, at 24Tix.
• Kevin Martin, lead singer of Candlebox, and Royal Bliss co-headline Saturday at The Royal, 4760 S. 900 East, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix.
• Reggae-rock singer/guitarist Cas Haley performs Sunday at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening act: Kimie, Mike Love and Tubby Love. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $16 in advance, $18 on the day of the show.
• Jazz-fusion group, The Victor Wooten Band (fronted by the bassist for the Flecktones), performs Sunday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $36, at the venue's website.
- Op-ed: What I have learned as I transition from my faith
- Scott D. Pierce: Big Ten TV deal might hurt (or help) BYU
- Daughter revives Utah's legendary Roundhouse Breakfast
- Mormon leader: Differing versions of Joseph Smith's 'First Vision' make it the 'best-documented in h
- Brewvies and DABC reach tentative truce over liquor sales and R-rated movies as lawsuit continues