• Death-metal band Abigail Williams headlines an all-metal show Saturday at The Shred Shed, 60 E. Exchange Place (360 South), Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Headcases, Dethrone the Sovereign. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Seattle hip-hop artist Grieves performs Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening act: SonReal, Fearce Vill. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15, at Smith’s Tix and 24Tix.
• Female-fueled reggae/R&B band NRG Rising performs Saturday at Bar Deluxe, 666 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Sarah B Band, Bludgeon Muffin. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $12, at 24Tix.
• Kevin Martin, lead singer of Candlebox, and Royal Bliss co-headline Saturday at The Royal, 4760 S. 900 East, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Reggae-rock singer/guitarist Cas Haley performs Sunday at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening act: Kimie, Mike Love and Tubby Love. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $16 in advance, $18 on the day of the show.
• Jazz-fusion group, The Victor Wooten Band (fronted by the bassist for the Flecktones), performs Sunday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $36, at the venue’s website.
|1.||7 surprises in the Mormon pioneer diet|
|2.||Utah Jazz trade Lucas, Thomas and Murphy to Cleveland|
|3.||Former Ute Paul Kruger talks leading youth and a youthful NFL team|
|4.||Pac-12 Media Days Live: Orchard dreams of playing offense, too|
|5.||Dining review: Eva’s Bakery offerings a bit of Paris on Main Street|
|6.||Photos: Tedeschi Trucks Band gets crowd dancing at Red Butte|
|7.||This is the place for facts you might not know about Mormon pioneers|
|8.||Judge strikes down gay marriage ban, stays ruling|
|9.||Z’Tejas at Gateway Mall to close Aug. 2|