Plans for the weekend: Little Green Cars, Blood Red Shoes, and other colors
• The Utah Symphony performs a program highlighted by Rachmaninoff’s Symphonic Dances, tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Thierry Fischer conducts; Matthew Zalkind solos on cello. The program also includes work by Tchaikovsky and Nielsen. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Psychedelic/electronic musician Kishi Bashi performs tonight at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Tall Tall Trees. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $15, available at 24Tix.
• Rapcore act (hed) P.E. and metal band Soil share top billing Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $14 in advance, $16 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Emo/pop-punk band Jimmy Eat World perorms Saturday at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $25 in advance, $30 on the day of the show (add $2 for people under 21), at Smith’s Tix.
• Mexican rock star El Haragan performs Sunday at the Infinity Event Center, 26 E. 600 South, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $35 in advance, $45 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Canadian electronica musician Ill-Esha performs Sunday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Hecka, Crisis Wright, SL Steez. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $10, at 24Tix.