• The Utah Symphony plays "The Beat Goes On: Music of the Baby Boomers" tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Jack Everly is guest conductor. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Racy electro-pop band Millionaires perform Saturday at The Loading Dock, 445 S. 400 West, Salt Lake City.Opening acts: Midnight Discotheque, Sweet Tooth, Vengeance Tampon, Silent Sorcerer. Show starts at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Local hip-hop group Better Taste Bureau celebrates the relase of its new album with a show Saturday at The Complex, 536 W. 100 South, Salt Lake City. Guests: Luna Lune, Solarsuit, Mimi Knowles. Show starts at 7:30. Tickets are $10 in advance, $13 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Plan-B Theatre’s celebration of the First Amendment, "And the Banned Played On," returns for a one-night event, Saturday at the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center, 138 W. 300 South, Salt Lake City. An array of elected officials will read passages from once-banned children’s books by such authors as E.B. White, Maurice Sendak, A.A. Milne, Dr. Seuss, Roald Dahl and others. Kerry Jackson and Bill Allred, from X96’s "Radio From Hell," will host. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $25, at ArtTix.
• Stephen "Ragga" Marley, continuing his father Bob’s reggae tradition, performs Saturday at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Jo Mersa Marley, Wayne Marshall. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $22 in advance, $27 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Sludge/stoner metal band Mastodon performs Sunday at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Gojira, Kvelertak. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $29 in advance, $30 on the day of the show (add $2 for people under 21), at Smith’s Tix.
• Country/blues/surf rock band The Dusty 45s performs Sunday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Honey Pine, Sioux City Kid. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $12, at the venue’s website.
|1.||Bingham High students walk out over school dance dress code|
|2.||Utah to BLM: Rein in your cops|
|3.||In Utah’s same-sex marriage debate, should the children be off limits?|
|4.||Tests confirm virus making kids very ill is in Utah|
|5.||Prep football: Is Jordan QB Austin Kafentzis Utah’s best ever?|
|6.||Meet the maestro of Utah’s TV chefs|
|7.||Mormon leaders spread word about controversial essays|
|8.||Cougar released back into the wild after SLC adventure|
|9.||Restaurant review: Dim sum dining in the heart of Salt Lake|
|10.||Monson: BYU and Utah won’t play this year, but if they did ...|