• Electro/hip-hop artist Yonas performs tonight at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening acts: The Specktators, Pell, Khaleel, Sam Spacely. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $14, at 24Tix.
• The Utah Symphony performs Mahler’s 5th Symphony, tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Also on the program: Pachelbel’s "Canon" and Andrew Norman’s Percussion Concerto. Percussionist Collin Currie solos; Thierry Fischer conducts. Show starts at 8 p.m. each night. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Reggae band Tribal Seeds performs tonight at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: New Kingston, Inna Vision. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $26 (or $28 for people under 21), at Smith’s Tix.
• Metal band Combichrist performs Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: William Control, New Years Day. Show starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $18 in advance, $20 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Alt-rock band Sleeper Agent performs Saturday at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Holy Child, Pagiins. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $12 in advance, $14 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Real Salt Lake plays host to the Portland Timbers in Major League Soccer action, Saturday at Rio Tinto Stadium, 9270 S. State St., Sandy. Game starts at 7:30. Tickets available at the Rio Tinto website.
|1.||Kearns woman booked on attempted murder for trashing newborn|
|2.||Consumers want Utah liquor stores to offer better hours|
|3.||Audit blasts UTA, says it gave millions in sweetheart deals|
|4.||Meeting poster for Mormon women shows only male speakers|
|5.||Restaurant review: Rye rocks in space next to Urban Lounge|
|6.||NFL notes: Seahawks penalized for too much hitting|
|7.||Utah’s famous Canyonlands rock art unexpectedly recent|
|8.||Forget priesthood — some Mormon feminists seek a middle way|