• The Utah Symphony performs works by Mozart, Bernstein and Nielsen, tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Thierry Fischer conducts; assistant concertmaster Kathryn Eberle solos on violin. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Two Americana/rock acts, Chuck Ragan and the Camaraderie and The White Buffalo, share the bill tonight at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8:30 p.m. Tickets are $18, at Smith’s Tix.
• "Reinventing Radio: An Evening with Ira Glass," a stage performance by the "This American Life" host, happens Saturday at Kingsbury Hall, 1395 E. Presidents Circle, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets, from $32.50 to $42.50, available at the Kingsbury website.
• Comedian Anthony Jeselnik performs Saturday at at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $30.50 in advance, $35.50 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Australian metal band King Parrot performs Saturday at Burt’s Tiki Lounge, 726 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Vattnet Viskar. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Bluegrass "expansionists" The Infamous Stringdusters perform Sunday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: The Boston Boys. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $25, at the venue’s website.
|1.||For many black Mormons, racism is a bigger issue than sexism|
|2.||USU football: Aggies won’t dwell on loss to Tennessee|
|3.||Kate Kelly: As sisters in Zion, inclusion of women is common goal|
|4.||Five myths about the California drought|
|5.||Golf: Poulter, Westwood, Gallacher picked for Ryder Cup|
|6.||BYU football: Texas QB Ash won’t play vs. Cougars|
|7.||Former special ed student now leads Utah school district|
|8.||Obama: ‘Revving’ economy calls for minimum-wage hike|
|9.||Utah mom gives Marvel’s Hawkeye a helping, signing hand|
|10.||Official food of the Utah State Fair sticks with you|