• Hip-hop artist Hoodie Allen headlines The Grand Kerfuffle 2014, tonight on the University of Utah Union lawn area, 200 S. Campus Drive, Salt Lake City. Also performing: Talib Kweli, Burnell Washburn & The Druthers, Dope Thought. Show starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $20, at Smith’s Tix. (U. of U. students with ID can get two free tickets at the Union Services Desk, while they last.)
• Ballet West II’s production of "The Little Mermaid" has a weekend run, tonight through Sunday, at the Capitol Theatre, 50 S. 200 South, Salt Lake City. Show runs tonight at 7 p.m., Saturday at 2 and 7 p.m., and Sunday at 2 p.m. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Pop-rock experimental band Vertical Scratchers performs tonight at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court, 330 West, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Lake Island, The Wild War. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10, at 24Tix.
• Death/doom metal band Turned To Stone and hard-rock band Never Before co-headline Saturday at the Murray Theater, 4959 S. State St., Murray. Opening acts: Dead Revelator, Founders of Ruin, Uroboric Deity. Show starts at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Pop singer-songwriter Christina Perri (best known for her hit "A Thousand Years," the love theme to the "Twilight" movies) performs Saturday at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Birdy. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $26 in advance, $30 on the day of the show (add $2 for people under 21), at Smith’s Tix.
|1.||Judge’s ruling next week could be key to Park City ski season|
|2.||Judge rejects Martin MacNeill’s request for new murder trial|
|3.||Is nail polish that detects date-rape drugs actually a bad idea?|
|4.||Scott D. Pierce: NBC’s Tamron Hall has fallen in love with southern Utah|
|5.||BYU football: Though short-handed, Cougars favored heavily in opener|
|6.||Live Blog: BYU downs UConn, wins its season-opener|
|7.||Utah woman hopes good comes from her poison tea ordeal|
|8.||‘Utah Fan’ not a fan favorite in debut of new fight song lyrics (video)|
|9.||Monson: Not much excitement in Utes’ opener|
|10.||Salt Lake County closes Chinese restaurant in Midvale|