Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Plans for the weekend: Christina Perri, after ‘Twilight’
• Hip-hop artist Hoodie Allen headlines The Grand Kerfuffle 2014, tonight on the University of Utah Union lawn area, 200 S. Campus Drive, Salt Lake City. Also performing: Talib Kweli, Burnell Washburn & The Druthers, Dope Thought. Show starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $20, at Smith's Tix. (U. of U. students with ID can get two free tickets at the Union Services Desk, while they last.)
• Ballet West II's production of "The Little Mermaid" has a weekend run, tonight through Sunday, at the Capitol Theatre, 50 S. 200 South, Salt Lake City. Show runs tonight at 7 p.m., Saturday at 2 and 7 p.m., and Sunday at 2 p.m. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Pop-rock experimental band Vertical Scratchers performs tonight at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court, 330 West, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Lake Island, The Wild War. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10, at 24Tix.
• Death/doom metal band Turned To Stone and hard-rock band Never Before co-headline Saturday at the Murray Theater, 4959 S. State St., Murray. Opening acts: Dead Revelator, Founders of Ruin, Uroboric Deity. Show starts at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Pop singer-songwriter Christina Perri (best known for her hit "A Thousand Years," the love theme to the "Twilight" movies) performs Saturday at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Birdy. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $26 in advance, $30 on the day of the show (add $2 for people under 21), at Smith's Tix.