• It's the season opener for the Salt Lake Bees baseball team, facing the Sacramento River Cats in Pacific Coast League action, at Smith's Ballpark (that's the new name, folks), 77 W. 1300 South, Salt Lake City. Game starts at 6:35. Tickets, from $9 to $26, available at Smith's Tix.
Plans for tonight: Keillor in Park City, Cable Guy in Orem
First Published Apr 03 2014 01:04PM • Last Updated Apr 03 2014 01:04 pm
• Stephen Malkmus, formerly the lead singer and guitarist for Pavement, and his own band, The Jicks, perform at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Speedy Ortiz. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $25, at Smith's Tix.
- Kragthorpe: Jazz have a good story to tell free agents ... if Gordon Hayward is in it
- Five point guards -- other than George Hill -- the Jazz would want
- Monson: Drafting of Donovan Mitchell a warning shot across Dante Exum's bow
- At 40,150 acres, Brian Head Fire is largest blaze in the country
- Patricia Quijano Dark: Fear and broken families: Deportations in the age of Trump