Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Plans for the weekend: The Used and Taking Back Sunday double up
• Rock bands The Used and Taking Back Sunday split headlining duties tonight and Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Openings: Tonight Alive, Sleepwave. Show starts at 5 p.m. tonight, and 6 p.m. Saturday. Tickets for tonight's show are $34, at Smith's Tix. Tickets for Saturday's show are $29.50 in advance, $34 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix.
• Post-rock band This Will Destroy You performs tonight at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening act: Silent Land Time Machine. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $12, at 24Tix.
• American rock band Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real performs tonight and Saturday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening acts: The Weekenders tonight; Tony Holiday Band on Saturday. Show starts at 9 p.m. both nights. Both shows are sold out.
• Power party-pop group Con Bro Chill performs at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Typefunk (of Nightfreq). Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Reggae band The Dirty Heads perform Saturday at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Codi Jordan Band, Funk & Gonzo. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $21 in advance, $26 on the day of the show (add $2 if you're under 21), at Smith's Tix.
• Mike Silverman, the purveyor of homemade instruments who performs under the name That 1 Guy, plays Sunday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15 in advance, $17 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• A Texas two-some — folk singer-songwriter Robert Ellis from Houston, and indie folk band Wild Child from Austin — will perform Sunday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15, at the venue's website.