• Rock bands The Used and Taking Back Sunday split headlining duties tonight and Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Openings: Tonight Alive, Sleepwave. Show starts at 5 p.m. tonight, and 6 p.m. Saturday. Tickets for tonight’s show are $34, at Smith’s Tix. Tickets for Saturday’s show are $29.50 in advance, $34 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Post-rock band This Will Destroy You performs tonight at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening act: Silent Land Time Machine. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $12, at 24Tix.
• American rock band Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real performs tonight and Saturday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening acts: The Weekenders tonight; Tony Holiday Band on Saturday. Show starts at 9 p.m. both nights. Both shows are sold out.
• Power party-pop group Con Bro Chill performs at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Typefunk (of Nightfreq). Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Reggae band The Dirty Heads perform Saturday at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Codi Jordan Band, Funk & Gonzo. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $21 in advance, $26 on the day of the show (add $2 if you’re under 21), at Smith’s Tix.
• Mike Silverman, the purveyor of homemade instruments who performs under the name That 1 Guy, plays Sunday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15 in advance, $17 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• A Texas two-some — folk singer-songwriter Robert Ellis from Houston, and indie folk band Wild Child from Austin — will perform Sunday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15, at the venue’s website.
|1.||Feds charge five Utahns in Recapture Canyon protest ride|
|2.||Ice-cold, high-point beer a new niche for Utah brewery stores|
|3.||NFL notes: Panthers remove Greg Hardy from active roster|
|4.||Restaurant review: Not your typical fast food at Zao Asian Cafe|
|5.||Ordain Women will take its message local|
|6.||BYU football: No. 21 Cougars basking in national attention|
|7.||Family says police shot Utah man because he was black|
|8.||3 new Utah beers for fall|
|9.||Trib Talk: Mormons and the GOP|
|10.||BYU football: Zac Stout’s return to BYU tearful, but gratifying|