• Reuniting pop-punk band The Ataris performs tonight at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Authority Zero, Drag The River, Versus The World. Show starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $20, at Smith's Tix.
Plans for the weekend: Getting your Irish up
• The annual St. Patrick's Day Parade marches Saturday through The Gateway, along Rio Grande Street, in downtown Salt Lake City. The parade starts at 10 a.m. at the corner of 400 West and 300 North. Followed by the Siamsa celebration in the Union Pacific Depot, 400 West and South Temple. Free.
• Celtic-rock regulars Young Dubliners perform a pre-St. Patrick's show Saturday at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Swagger. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $23 in advance, $26 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix.
• Rockin' global-minded jam band Toubab Krewe performs Sunday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Holy Water Buffalo. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15, at the venue's website.
- Man admits to murdering 16-year-old Utah girl in 1977
- Expert calls for a review of policies on pot use, transplants after man's death
- Utah Jazz notes: Gordon Hayward makes trip to L.A. with teammates, could play in Game 5
- Park City man, denied lung transplant at the U. due to trace of marijuana, dies after procedure in P
- Water fight erupts over Skyline mine expansion