Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Plans for the weekend: From Dvorak to Dr. Dog
• The Utah Symphony performs Dvorák's "New World" Symphony, tonight at Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Conductor Mark Wigglesworth also leads the symphony in Mozart's Symphony No. 35 ("Haffner"), and Lutoslawski's Symphony No. 4. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• L.A. rapper Gavlyn performs Saturday at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Cannibal Jay, Jare & Joey, KDZ. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance, $15 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix and 24Tix.
• New Jersey rock Real Estate performs Saturday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening act: The Shilohs. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $12 in advance, $14 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Garage-rock band Electric Six performs Saturday at Bar Deluxe, 666 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Yip Deceiver, Zodiac Empire. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $13 in advance, $15 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Stoner/psychedelic rock band Dead Meadow performs Sunday at at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Dark Seas, Red Telephone. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $10, at 24Tix.