• The Utah Symphony performs Dvorák’s "New World" Symphony, tonight at Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Conductor Mark Wigglesworth also leads the symphony in Mozart’s Symphony No. 35 ("Haffner"), and Lutoslawski’s Symphony No. 4. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• L.A. rapper Gavlyn performs Saturday at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Cannibal Jay, Jare & Joey, KDZ. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance, $15 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix and 24Tix.
• New Jersey rock Real Estate performs Saturday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening act: The Shilohs. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $12 in advance, $14 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Garage-rock band Electric Six performs Saturday at Bar Deluxe, 666 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Yip Deceiver, Zodiac Empire. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $13 in advance, $15 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Stoner/psychedelic rock band Dead Meadow performs Sunday at at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Dark Seas, Red Telephone. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $10, at 24Tix.
|1.||Mitt Romney to make his home in Utah|
|2.||DA says Dillon Taylor officer-involved killing was justified|
|3.||Two Utah schools get blue ribbon award|
|4.||Relatives speak about Utah family of 5 found dead in home|
|5.||Secret Service chief resigns after Chaffetz-led call for resignation|
|6.||Restaurant review: Utah duo takes chance on Korean standbys with contemporary spin|
|7.||Utah adds a few more fish to the ‘do not eat’ list|
|8.||Books: Lena Dunham sticks to candid style with new memoir|
|9.||Beer flows from Brew Pub taps as eatery gets club license|
|10.||Utah Jazz: Lindsey expects to keep Kanter, Burks ‘a long time’|