• The Utah Symphony performs Dvorák’s "New World" Symphony, tonight at Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Conductor Mark Wigglesworth also leads the symphony in Mozart’s Symphony No. 35 ("Haffner"), and Lutoslawski’s Symphony No. 4. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• L.A. rapper Gavlyn performs Saturday at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Cannibal Jay, Jare & Joey, KDZ. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance, $15 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix and 24Tix.
• New Jersey rock Real Estate performs Saturday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening act: The Shilohs. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $12 in advance, $14 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Garage-rock band Electric Six performs Saturday at Bar Deluxe, 666 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Yip Deceiver, Zodiac Empire. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $13 in advance, $15 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Stoner/psychedelic rock band Dead Meadow performs Sunday at at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Dark Seas, Red Telephone. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $10, at 24Tix.
|1.||Kearns newborn found in trash can, mother detained|
|2.||Consumers want Utah liquor stores to offer better hours|
|3.||Meeting poster for Mormon women shows only male speakers|
|4.||Restaurant review: Rye rocks in space next to Urban Lounge|
|5.||5 pregame pubs that help you party before U. of Utah football games|
|6.||NFL notes: Seahawks penalized for too much hitting|
|7.||Audit blasts UTA, says it gave millions in sweetheart deals|
|8.||Forget priesthood — some Mormon feminists seek a middle way|