• Violinist Natalie MacMaster, known for her Cape Breton fiddle music, performs with the Utah Symphony, tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Shows start at 8. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Barebones indie band Walk Off the Earth performs tonight at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Parachute, Camera2. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $25, at Smith’s Tix and 24Tix.
• Progressive/experimental "power duo" El Ten Eleven performs Saturday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Bronze Whale. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $12 in advance, $14 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Legendary blues act Hot Tuna performs an acoustic set Saturday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Show starts at 9. The show is sold out.
• Electro-soul duo Fly Moon Royalty performs Sunday at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Joshy, Melody Gone A’Sail. Show starts at 7. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
|1.||Kearns newborn found in trash can, mother detained|
|2.||Consumers want Utah liquor stores to offer better hours|
|3.||Restaurant review: Rye rocks in space next to Urban Lounge|
|4.||5 pregame pubs that help you party before U. of Utah football games|
|5.||NFL notes: Seahawks penalized for too much hitting|
|6.||Forget priesthood — some Mormon feminists seek a middle way|
|7.||Just how big is Utah’s new record-breaking tomato?|
|8.||Meeting poster for Mormon women shows only male speakers|