• Violinist Natalie MacMaster, known for her Cape Breton fiddle music, performs with the Utah Symphony, tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Shows start at 8. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Barebones indie band Walk Off the Earth performs tonight at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Parachute, Camera2. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $25, at Smith’s Tix and 24Tix.
• Progressive/experimental "power duo" El Ten Eleven performs Saturday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Bronze Whale. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $12 in advance, $14 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Legendary blues act Hot Tuna performs an acoustic set Saturday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Show starts at 9. The show is sold out.
• Electro-soul duo Fly Moon Royalty performs Sunday at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Joshy, Melody Gone A’Sail. Show starts at 7. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
|1.||Mormon women to try again to get into priesthood meeting|
|2.||Transformers 4 trailer has Dinobots and Mark Wahlberg in it|
|3.||‘Cosmos’ re-emerges on Fox with the help of Seth MacFarlane|
|4.||At the Utah State Prison, the tie that binds|
|5.||Two South Valley restaurants closed for health violations|
|6.||LDS leader tells Mormons to embrace their history, keep their faith|
|7.||Satirical musical ‘The Book of Mormon’ set to play Utah theater|
|8.||Kirby: The truth about Mormon tithing|
|9.||Five days left: Seizures, sleeplessness as Utah families await cannabis oil bill|
|10.||Movie review: ‘Mr. Peabody & Sherman’ a fun trip through history|