Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Plans for the weekend: Fiddle, sax or guitar?
• Violinist Natalie MacMaster, known for her Cape Breton fiddle music, performs with the Utah Symphony, tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Shows start at 8. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Barebones indie band Walk Off the Earth performs tonight at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Parachute, Camera2. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $25, at Smith's Tix and 24Tix.
• Progressive/experimental "power duo" El Ten Eleven performs Saturday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Bronze Whale. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $12 in advance, $14 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Legendary blues act Hot Tuna performs an acoustic set Saturday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Show starts at 9. The show is sold out.
• Electro-soul duo Fly Moon Royalty performs Sunday at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Joshy, Melody Gone A'Sail. Show starts at 7. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.