• Violinist Natalie MacMaster, known for her Cape Breton fiddle music, performs with the Utah Symphony, tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Shows start at 8. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Barebones indie band Walk Off the Earth performs tonight at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Parachute, Camera2. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $25, at Smith’s Tix and 24Tix.
• Progressive/experimental "power duo" El Ten Eleven performs Saturday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Bronze Whale. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $12 in advance, $14 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Legendary blues act Hot Tuna performs an acoustic set Saturday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Show starts at 9. The show is sold out.
• Electro-soul duo Fly Moon Royalty performs Sunday at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Joshy, Melody Gone A’Sail. Show starts at 7. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
|1.||Utah Jazz trade Lucas, Thomas and Murphy to Cleveland|
|2.||7 surprises in the Mormon pioneer diet|
|3.||Dining review: Eva’s Bakery offerings a bit of Paris on Main Street|
|4.||Obama’s order protects gay workers; Hatch wants religious exemption|
|5.||Film, TV legend James Garner, reluctant hero, dies|
|6.||New Mormon mental health group to take less-churchy approach|
|7.||Two brothers from Utah died in Arizona Strip plane crash|
|8.||Z’Tejas at Gateway Mall to close Aug. 2|
|9.||Ann Cannon: Baseball can teach you a lot about life|