• Violinist Natalie MacMaster, known for her Cape Breton fiddle music, performs with the Utah Symphony, tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Shows start at 8. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Barebones indie band Walk Off the Earth performs tonight at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Parachute, Camera2. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $25, at Smith’s Tix and 24Tix.
• Progressive/experimental "power duo" El Ten Eleven performs Saturday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Bronze Whale. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $12 in advance, $14 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Legendary blues act Hot Tuna performs an acoustic set Saturday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Show starts at 9. The show is sold out.
• Electro-soul duo Fly Moon Royalty performs Sunday at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Joshy, Melody Gone A’Sail. Show starts at 7. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
|1.||Neon Trees’ Tyler Glenn proud to be gay and Mormon|
|2.||Free entry this weekend in national parks|
|3.||Autopsies of 7 dead Utah babies done, reports still weeks away|
|4.||Partying daughter has mom concerned|
|5.||Title of new Hillary Clinton book: ‘Hard Choices’|
|6.||Movie review: Depp can’t bring humanity to high-tech ‘Transcendence’|
|7.||Utah Jazz GM says Corbin decision coming ‘in short order’|
|8.||Paul Rolly: Taking Utah County’s wackiness to a new level|
|9.||Salt Lake Comic Con FanX: In ‘cosplay,’ everybody can be anybody|
|10.||’Under the Skin’ a sci-fi shock to the system|