Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Big names will perform at Deer Valley Music Festival
The Utah Symphony announced the line-up for the summer concert series at Deer Valley's Snow Park Amphitheater — as well as the chamber music series at St. Mary's Church in Park City.
A highlight of the chamber music series is the conducting debut of Thierry Fischer, the Utah Symphony's musical director and main conductor. Fischer will conduct a program of Mozart and Beethoven on Aug. 6.
Here's the full line-up for both the amphitheater and St. Mary's:
Snow Park Amphitheater:
• July 4: The Texas Tenors, performing patriotic music and country and pop songs; Jerry Steichen conducts.
• July 5: Country legend Kenny Rogers; Jerry Steichen conducts.
• July 11: The film music of John Williams; Jeff Tyzik conducts.
• July 12: The music of U2; Brent Havens conducts.
• July 18: Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture and Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue." The Cannoneers of the Wasatch bring the noise for the 1812 Overture; Vladimir Kulenovic conducts.
• July 19: Singer-songwriter Mary Chapin Carpenter performs songs from her debut orchestral album, "Songs From the Movie"; Vince Mendoza conducts.
• Aug. 1: "Disney in Concert: Tale As Old As Time," a selection of Disney music; Jerry Steichen conducts.
• Aug. 2: "Super Diamond," a Neil Diamond tribute concert; Jerry Steichen conducts.
• Aug. 8: The Mormon Tabernacle Choir performs with the Utah Symphony, with Mack Wilberg conducting.
St. Mary's Church:
• July 16: The Utah Symphony performs Beethoven's "Egmont" Overture, Schubert's Rondo in A major for violin and string orchestra, Saint-Saëns' "Havanaise" for violin and orchestra, Ravel's "Pavane," and Mendelssohn's Symphony No. 4 in A major ("Italian"). Violinist Emma Meinrenken, winner of the 2013 Stradivarius Violin Competition, solos on the Schubert and Saint-Saëns works; Vladimir Kulenovic conducts.