• The Utah Symphony performs "Pixar in Concert," with orchestral versions of the animated films’ scores, tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7 p.m. both nights. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• The Egyptian’s week of British Invasion tribute bands concludes with Queen Nation, tonight and Saturday at the Egyptian Theatre, 328 Main St., Park City. Show starts at 8. Tickets, $29 to $35, at the venue’s website.
• Psychobilly rocker Reverend Horton Heat performs tonight at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Jello Biafra, Old Man Markley. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $25, at Smith’s Tix.
• L.A. hip-hop group Atlast performs Saturday at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Krewmika, New Truth, MC Untytled, Khalel. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance, $15 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix and 24Tix.
• Pop-punk bands In Her Own Words and For the Win co-headline Saturday at The Shred Shed, 60 E. Exchange Place (360 South), Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Seasons Change, In The Making, I Call Captain, Wired For Havoc. Show starts at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Stelth Ulvang, pianist for The Lumineers, performs solo Sunday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: The Hollering Pines, The Bully. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $5, at 24Tix.
|1.||Paul Rolly: Blogger fired from language school over ‘homophonia’|
|2.||Take off your clothes to make it in reality TV|
|3.||For selling risky mortgages, Bank of America fined $1.3B|
|4.||Annual liquor sales in Utah up $20 million|
|5.||Swallow, Shurtleff appear in court, vow to beat charges|
|6.||Photos: Santana works its musical magic at Red Butte Garden|
|7.||‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ blasts Marvel in a different direction|
|8.||TV preview: ‘Hell on Wheels’ mocks Mormons|
|9.||14 senators want Obama to create national monument in Utah|
|10.||Chefs share tips for home cooks to waste not, want not|