Plans for tonight: Ringing in the new year
• EVE, Salt Lake City's three-day New Year's Eve celebration, continues at venues around downtown Salt Lake City. A pass for all three days is $15, at the event's website (where you can get program details).
• The Legends New Year's Eve Party brings the music to Saltair, 12408 W. Salt Air Drive, Magna. Acts include Destroid, Dirtyphonics, Kill Paris and more. Show starts at 6. Tickets are $32, at Smith's Tix; must be 16 or older, and must have ID.
• Broadway legend Bernadette Peters rings in the new year at the Eccles Center, 1750 Kearns Blvd., Park City. Show starts at 8. Tickets, from $40 to $165, available at the venue's website.
• DJ Matty Mo headlines the New Year's Eve party at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. On the bill: Max Pain & The Groovies, Flash & Flare. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $4 at 24Tix, or $6 after 10 p.m. at the door.
• Folk-rock-country-metal-blues-jazz band Monkey Rum performs at the New Year's Eve celebration at The Royal Bar, 4760 S. 900 East, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: The Last Wednesday, Murrieta. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $5, at Smith's Tix.
• Headlining DJ MAKJ leads the New Year's Eve party at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Drezo, Timone, Highjack'd and Ross K. will also perform sets. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $35 in advance, $40 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix.
See more about comments here.