• EVE, Salt Lake City’s three-day New Year’s Eve celebration, continues at venues around downtown Salt Lake City. A pass for all three days is $15, at the event’s website (where you can get program details). A limited number of EVE passholders can get tickets to tonight’s Utah Jazz game.
• The Utah Jazz take on the Charlotte Bobcats at EnergySolutions Arena, 301 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Game starts at 7. Tickets available at Smith’s Tix. Jazz ticketholders can get a free three-day EVE pass.
• Ballet West performs "The Nutty Nutcracker," a comedy-filled version of its Christmas classic, at the Capitol Theatre, 50 W. 200 South, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7. Tickets, from $29 to $79, at ArtTix.
• L.A. rock band Sleep for Sleepers performs at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening acts: The Workday Release, Casting Quarters, Double or Nothing. Show starts at 7. Tickets are $6, at 24Tix.
• Folk band Elephant Revival performs at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Shook Twins. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $30, at the venue’s website. (For $65, you can get tickets for tonight’s show and Tuesday’s New Year’s Eve performance.)
|1.||Judge’s ruling next week could be key to Park City ski season|
|2.||Is nail polish that detects date-rape drugs actually a bad idea?|
|3.||BYU football: Though short-handed, Cougars favored heavily in opener|
|4.||Scott D. Pierce: NBC’s Tamron Hall has fallen in love with southern Utah|
|5.||‘Utah Fan’ not a fan favorite in debut of new fight song lyrics (video)|
|6.||Monson: Not much excitement in Utes’ opener|
|7.||Utah football: Utes rout Idaho State, 56-14 in opener|
|8.||Russian fund with U.S. advisers eludes sanctions|
|9.||Here are 8 cheap comic book gems you might find at Salt Lake Comic Con|
|10.||Tony Soprano lives — and that’s the perfect punishment for him|