• EVE, Salt Lake City’s three-day New Year’s Eve celebration, continues at venues around downtown Salt Lake City. A pass for all three days is $15, at the event’s website (where you can get program details). A limited number of EVE passholders can get tickets to tonight’s Utah Jazz game.
• The Utah Jazz take on the Charlotte Bobcats at EnergySolutions Arena, 301 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Game starts at 7. Tickets available at Smith’s Tix. Jazz ticketholders can get a free three-day EVE pass.
• Ballet West performs "The Nutty Nutcracker," a comedy-filled version of its Christmas classic, at the Capitol Theatre, 50 W. 200 South, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7. Tickets, from $29 to $79, at ArtTix.
• L.A. rock band Sleep for Sleepers performs at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening acts: The Workday Release, Casting Quarters, Double or Nothing. Show starts at 7. Tickets are $6, at 24Tix.
• Folk band Elephant Revival performs at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Shook Twins. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $30, at the venue’s website. (For $65, you can get tickets for tonight’s show and Tuesday’s New Year’s Eve performance.)
|1.||Questions linger in Megan Huntsman investigation|
|2.||LDS leader, Obama meet to push for immigration reform|
|3.||Neon Trees’ Tyler Glenn proud to be gay and Mormon|
|4.||Atheist leader: ‘Mormonism demonstrates the power of indoctrination’|
|5.||Paul McCartney gets back to Utah — August 7 at EnergySolutions Arena|
|6.||Utah teacher on leave after asking kids to list genitalia slang|
|7.||Old, new acts headline 29 Red Butte concerts|
|8.||Dash-cam video documents shooting death of Utah officer|
|9.||Cannon: Share the gift of reading on World Book Night|