• EVE, Salt Lake City’s three-day New Year’s Eve celebration, continues at venues around downtown Salt Lake City. A pass for all three days is $15, at the event’s website (where you can get program details). A limited number of EVE passholders can get tickets to tonight’s Utah Jazz game.
• The Utah Jazz take on the Charlotte Bobcats at EnergySolutions Arena, 301 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Game starts at 7. Tickets available at Smith’s Tix. Jazz ticketholders can get a free three-day EVE pass.
• Ballet West performs "The Nutty Nutcracker," a comedy-filled version of its Christmas classic, at the Capitol Theatre, 50 W. 200 South, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7. Tickets, from $29 to $79, at ArtTix.
• L.A. rock band Sleep for Sleepers performs at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening acts: The Workday Release, Casting Quarters, Double or Nothing. Show starts at 7. Tickets are $6, at 24Tix.
• Folk band Elephant Revival performs at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Shook Twins. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $30, at the venue’s website. (For $65, you can get tickets for tonight’s show and Tuesday’s New Year’s Eve performance.)
|1.||Paul: Court young voters with privacy focus|
|2.||Utah polygamous family says going on TV liberating|
|3.||Satirical musical ‘The Book of Mormon’ set to play Utah theater|
|4.||Utah protesters mark National Tibetan Uprising Day|
|5.||Utah cockfighters say sport is tradition, not inhumane|
|6.||LDS leader tells Mormons to embrace their history, keep their faith|
|7.||Kirby: It’s better to work things out reasonably, even with Utah Republicans|
|8.||BYU basketball: Cougs brace for confident USF in WCC semis|
|9.||Jets release cornerback Cromartie|
|10.||Transformers 4 trailer has Dinobots and Mark Wahlberg in it|