• EVE, Salt Lake City’s three-day New Year’s Eve celebration, continues at venues around downtown Salt Lake City. A pass for all three days is $15, at the event’s website (where you can get program details). A limited number of EVE passholders can get tickets to tonight’s Utah Jazz game.
• The Utah Jazz take on the Charlotte Bobcats at EnergySolutions Arena, 301 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Game starts at 7. Tickets available at Smith’s Tix. Jazz ticketholders can get a free three-day EVE pass.
• Ballet West performs "The Nutty Nutcracker," a comedy-filled version of its Christmas classic, at the Capitol Theatre, 50 W. 200 South, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7. Tickets, from $29 to $79, at ArtTix.
• L.A. rock band Sleep for Sleepers performs at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening acts: The Workday Release, Casting Quarters, Double or Nothing. Show starts at 7. Tickets are $6, at 24Tix.
• Folk band Elephant Revival performs at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Shook Twins. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $30, at the venue’s website. (For $65, you can get tickets for tonight’s show and Tuesday’s New Year’s Eve performance.)
|1.||Paul Rolly: Blogger fired from language school over ‘homophonia’|
|2.||TV preview: ‘Hell on Wheels’ mocks Mormons|
|3.||Take off your clothes to make it in reality TV|
|4.||‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ blasts Marvel in a different direction|
|5.||14 senators want Obama to create national monument in Utah|
|6.||Polygamous trust fiduciary a witness in prostitution case|
|7.||Tennis: China’s Li Na pulls out of U.S. Open because of knee|
|8.||Sean P. Means: In battle of comic cons, Salt Lake is already winning|
|9.||Richard Linklater on making ‘Boyhood,’ a year at a time|
|10.||Whole Foods plans a major marketing push|