• EVE, Salt Lake City’s three-day New Year’s Eve celebration, continues at venues around downtown Salt Lake City. A pass for all three days is $15, at the event’s website (where you can get program details). A limited number of EVE passholders can get tickets to tonight’s Utah Jazz game.
• The Utah Jazz take on the Charlotte Bobcats at EnergySolutions Arena, 301 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Game starts at 7. Tickets available at Smith’s Tix. Jazz ticketholders can get a free three-day EVE pass.
• Ballet West performs "The Nutty Nutcracker," a comedy-filled version of its Christmas classic, at the Capitol Theatre, 50 W. 200 South, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7. Tickets, from $29 to $79, at ArtTix.
• L.A. rock band Sleep for Sleepers performs at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening acts: The Workday Release, Casting Quarters, Double or Nothing. Show starts at 7. Tickets are $6, at 24Tix.
• Folk band Elephant Revival performs at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Shook Twins. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $30, at the venue’s website. (For $65, you can get tickets for tonight’s show and Tuesday’s New Year’s Eve performance.)
|1.||Utah teacher to stand trial on charges of sex with second boy|
|2.||Utah to BLM: Rein in your cops|
|3.||Fall TV preview: The best and worst of fall TV|
|4.||Salt Lake Airport seeks to break up monopoly|
|5.||Bingham High students walk out over school dance dress code|
|6.||Mountain lion caught near homes in Salt Lake City|
|7.||BYU football: Virginia linebacker says Taysom Hill will win the Heisman|
|8.||After Darrien Hunt shooting, Utah’s black, biracial families worry|
|9.||Prep football: Is Jordan QB Austin Kafentzis Utah’s best ever?|
|10.||Scott D. Pierce: 13 returning TV faves to watch this week|