• The Utah Jazz return from their December road trip to take on the Los Angeles Lakers, tonight at EnergySolutions Arena, 301 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Game starts at 7. Tickets available at Smith’s Tix.
• Chip Davis’ "Mannheim Steamroller Christmas" runs tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 tonight, and 7:30 p.m. Saturday. Tickets, from $50 to $75, available at ArtTix.
• Alt-country band Micky & the Motorcars performs Saturday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: The Tony Holiday Band. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $18, at the venue’s website.
• EVE, Salt Lake City’s three-day New Year’s Eve celebration, kicks off Sunday at venues around downtown Salt Lake City. A pass for all three days is $15, at the event’s website (where you can get program details).
• Pioneering "Slam grass" band Leftover Salmon plays Saturday and Sunday at Park City Live, 427 Main St., Park City. Shows start at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets for Saturday or Sunday shows are $20, at Smith’s Tix.
|1.||Salt Lake, San Diego comic con name feud would set precedent|
|2.||Bagley Cartoon: Comic Con Controversy|
|3.||Deal on veterans’ health care to cost $17B|
|4.||Is a fee for solar energy users a ‘sun tax’ or fair play?|
|5.||Utah Jazz: Ex-Jazzman Paul Millsap endorses Quin Snyder|
|6.||Ordain Women, abuse, defections on tap for Mormon symposium|
|7.||Prayers answered? Keep it to yourself|
|8.||Compound built for Warren Jeffs becomes bed and breakfast|
|9.||IBM, AT&T building technology for a disaster|
|10.||Will Park City Mountain Resort have a ski season? — Maybe|