• The Utah Jazz return from their December road trip to take on the Los Angeles Lakers, tonight at EnergySolutions Arena, 301 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Game starts at 7. Tickets available at Smith’s Tix.
• Chip Davis’ "Mannheim Steamroller Christmas" runs tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 tonight, and 7:30 p.m. Saturday. Tickets, from $50 to $75, available at ArtTix.
• Alt-country band Micky & the Motorcars performs Saturday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: The Tony Holiday Band. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $18, at the venue’s website.
• EVE, Salt Lake City’s three-day New Year’s Eve celebration, kicks off Sunday at venues around downtown Salt Lake City. A pass for all three days is $15, at the event’s website (where you can get program details).
• Pioneering "Slam grass" band Leftover Salmon plays Saturday and Sunday at Park City Live, 427 Main St., Park City. Shows start at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets for Saturday or Sunday shows are $20, at Smith’s Tix.
|1.||Paul: Court young voters with privacy focus|
|2.||Utah polygamous family says going on TV liberating|
|3.||Satirical musical ‘The Book of Mormon’ set to play Utah theater|
|4.||Utah cockfighters say sport is tradition, not inhumane|
|5.||Kirby: It’s better to work things out reasonably, even with Utah Republicans|
|6.||Utah protesters mark National Tibetan Uprising Day|
|7.||LDS leader tells Mormons to embrace their history, keep their faith|
|8.||Jets release cornerback Cromartie|
|9.||BYU basketball: Cougs brace for confident USF in WCC semis|
|10.||Transformers 4 trailer has Dinobots and Mark Wahlberg in it|