• The Utah Jazz return from their December road trip to take on the Los Angeles Lakers, tonight at EnergySolutions Arena, 301 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Game starts at 7. Tickets available at Smith’s Tix.
• Chip Davis’ "Mannheim Steamroller Christmas" runs tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 tonight, and 7:30 p.m. Saturday. Tickets, from $50 to $75, available at ArtTix.
• Alt-country band Micky & the Motorcars performs Saturday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: The Tony Holiday Band. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $18, at the venue’s website.
• EVE, Salt Lake City’s three-day New Year’s Eve celebration, kicks off Sunday at venues around downtown Salt Lake City. A pass for all three days is $15, at the event’s website (where you can get program details).
• Pioneering "Slam grass" band Leftover Salmon plays Saturday and Sunday at Park City Live, 427 Main St., Park City. Shows start at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets for Saturday or Sunday shows are $20, at Smith’s Tix.
|1.||Coach: Man shot at Utah courthouse once had promising future|
|2.||SLC makes list in bid for Democratic Convention|
|3.||Turkish ‘street food with a twist’ takes a spin in Salt Lake City|
|4.||Gang defendant shot, killed at new Salt Lake City federal courthouse|
|5.||Monson: Jim Boylen to kill — err, coach — the Jazz?|
|6.||Ann Cannon: Friend’s pregnancy loss stirs memories|
|7.||Student leaders tell University of Utah president to change ‘Utah Man’ fight song|
|8.||Winds wreaking havoc in northern, western Utah|
|9.||Five candidates to become Utah Jazz coach|
|10.||BBB: Cancer fund spent only 8 percent of money on patients|