• The Utah Jazz return from their December road trip to take on the Los Angeles Lakers, tonight at EnergySolutions Arena, 301 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Game starts at 7. Tickets available at Smith’s Tix.
• Chip Davis’ "Mannheim Steamroller Christmas" runs tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 tonight, and 7:30 p.m. Saturday. Tickets, from $50 to $75, available at ArtTix.
• Alt-country band Micky & the Motorcars performs Saturday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: The Tony Holiday Band. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $18, at the venue’s website.
• EVE, Salt Lake City’s three-day New Year’s Eve celebration, kicks off Sunday at venues around downtown Salt Lake City. A pass for all three days is $15, at the event’s website (where you can get program details).
• Pioneering "Slam grass" band Leftover Salmon plays Saturday and Sunday at Park City Live, 427 Main St., Park City. Shows start at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets for Saturday or Sunday shows are $20, at Smith’s Tix.
|1.||Simmons calls ex-KISS bandmates crack addicts, losers|
|2.||Kate Kelly appeals excommunication from Mormon church|
|3.||Movie review: Johnson flexes muscle in bloody ‘Hercules’|
|4.||Bagley Cartoon: Future of Utah Lands|
|5.||Gas explosion levels home in Draper|
|6.||Lynch expected to hold out from Seahawks camp|
|7.||At Twilight Concert, Charles Bradley ends Pioneer Day with a groove|
|8.||‘Gestapo’ BLM officers decried in House hearing|
|9.||Golf: Jim Furyk ties course record at Canadian Open|
|10.||Pioneers of hip-hop coming to Salt Lake City|