• The Utah Jazz return from their December road trip to take on the Los Angeles Lakers, tonight at EnergySolutions Arena, 301 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Game starts at 7. Tickets available at Smith’s Tix.
• Chip Davis’ "Mannheim Steamroller Christmas" runs tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 tonight, and 7:30 p.m. Saturday. Tickets, from $50 to $75, available at ArtTix.
• Alt-country band Micky & the Motorcars performs Saturday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: The Tony Holiday Band. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $18, at the venue’s website.
• EVE, Salt Lake City’s three-day New Year’s Eve celebration, kicks off Sunday at venues around downtown Salt Lake City. A pass for all three days is $15, at the event’s website (where you can get program details).
• Pioneering "Slam grass" band Leftover Salmon plays Saturday and Sunday at Park City Live, 427 Main St., Park City. Shows start at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets for Saturday or Sunday shows are $20, at Smith’s Tix.
|1.||Unbeaten US routs New Zealand 98-71 at World Cup|
|2.||For many black Mormons, racism is a bigger issue than sexism|
|3.||Report: Ex-BYU QB Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, cocaine|
|4.||USU football: Aggies won’t dwell on loss to Tennessee|
|5.||Golf: Poulter, Westwood, Gallacher picked for Ryder Cup|
|6.||Five myths about the California drought|
|7.||Kate Kelly: As sisters in Zion, inclusion of women is common goal|
|8.||Official food of the Utah State Fair sticks with you|
|9.||Martine Cafe in Salt Lake City reopens after recent remodel (before-and-after photos)|
|10.||Former special ed student now leads Utah school district|