• The Utah Jazz return from their December road trip to take on the Los Angeles Lakers, tonight at EnergySolutions Arena, 301 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Game starts at 7. Tickets available at Smith’s Tix.
• Chip Davis’ "Mannheim Steamroller Christmas" runs tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 tonight, and 7:30 p.m. Saturday. Tickets, from $50 to $75, available at ArtTix.
• Alt-country band Micky & the Motorcars performs Saturday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: The Tony Holiday Band. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $18, at the venue’s website.
• EVE, Salt Lake City’s three-day New Year’s Eve celebration, kicks off Sunday at venues around downtown Salt Lake City. A pass for all three days is $15, at the event’s website (where you can get program details).
• Pioneering "Slam grass" band Leftover Salmon plays Saturday and Sunday at Park City Live, 427 Main St., Park City. Shows start at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets for Saturday or Sunday shows are $20, at Smith’s Tix.
|1.||Neon Trees’ Tyler Glenn proud to be gay and Mormon|
|2.||Utah Jazz GM says Corbin decision coming ‘in short order’|
|3.||Partying daughter has mom concerned|
|4.||Utah Jazz: GM Lindsey wants Hayward to be ‘a career Jazz member’|
|5.||Title of new Hillary Clinton book: ‘Hard Choices’|
|6.||Movie review: Depp can’t bring humanity to high-tech ‘Transcendence’|
|7.||Trust ties mystery plane in Iran to Utah bank|
|8.||Paul Rolly: Taking Utah County’s wackiness to a new level|
|9.||Utah County shoo-in says mistakes help him be ‘more suited’|
|10.||Utah Jazz: Nowhere to go but up for young Jazz|