• The Utah Jazz return from their December road trip to take on the Los Angeles Lakers, tonight at EnergySolutions Arena, 301 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Game starts at 7. Tickets available at Smith’s Tix.
• Chip Davis’ "Mannheim Steamroller Christmas" runs tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 tonight, and 7:30 p.m. Saturday. Tickets, from $50 to $75, available at ArtTix.
• Alt-country band Micky & the Motorcars performs Saturday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: The Tony Holiday Band. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $18, at the venue’s website.
• EVE, Salt Lake City’s three-day New Year’s Eve celebration, kicks off Sunday at venues around downtown Salt Lake City. A pass for all three days is $15, at the event’s website (where you can get program details).
• Pioneering "Slam grass" band Leftover Salmon plays Saturday and Sunday at Park City Live, 427 Main St., Park City. Shows start at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets for Saturday or Sunday shows are $20, at Smith’s Tix.
|1.||LDS leader, Obama meet to push for immigration reform|
|2.||Neighbor: Huntsman had a miscarriage recently|
|3.||Letter: LDS Church trying to silence dissenting opinions|
|4.||Old, new acts headline 29 Red Butte concerts|
|5.||Lunar eclipse amazes as it casts eerie red glow over Utah|
|6.||Police find seven dead babies in Utah County home|
|7.||New market brings a wave of seafood to Salt Lake City|
|8.||Ute Tribe, U. of U. reach new agreement over name|
|9.||Utah Symphony to perform at Utah’s ‘Mighty 5’ national parks|
|10.||Police: Utah mother admits killing 6 newborns|