• The Utah Jazz return from their December road trip to take on the Los Angeles Lakers, tonight at EnergySolutions Arena, 301 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Game starts at 7. Tickets available at Smith’s Tix.
• Chip Davis’ "Mannheim Steamroller Christmas" runs tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 tonight, and 7:30 p.m. Saturday. Tickets, from $50 to $75, available at ArtTix.
• Alt-country band Micky & the Motorcars performs Saturday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: The Tony Holiday Band. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $18, at the venue’s website.
• EVE, Salt Lake City’s three-day New Year’s Eve celebration, kicks off Sunday at venues around downtown Salt Lake City. A pass for all three days is $15, at the event’s website (where you can get program details).
• Pioneering "Slam grass" band Leftover Salmon plays Saturday and Sunday at Park City Live, 427 Main St., Park City. Shows start at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets for Saturday or Sunday shows are $20, at Smith’s Tix.
|1.||Luxury fashion takes on wearable fitness technology|
|2.||Consumers want Utah liquor stores to offer better hours|
|3.||Dad: Utah woman accused of putting baby in trash has disability|
|4.||Judge finalizes ‘Sister Wives’ ruling as both sides prepare for appeals|
|5.||Restaurant review: Rye rocks in space next to Urban Lounge|
|6.||Food briefs: Salt Lake has worst tippers, survey says|
|7.||Trib Talk: UTA defends against audit|
|8.||5 pregame pubs that help you party before U. of Utah football games|
|9.||Kearns woman booked on attempted murder for trashing newborn|