• Wilco frontman Jeff Tweedy performs a solo show tonight at Kingsbury Hall, 1395 E. Presidents Circle, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7:30. Tickets are $35, at Smith’s Tix and the Kingsbury website.
• Ballet West debuts its annual production of "The Nutcracker" tonight at the newly refurbished Capitol Theatre, 50 W. 200 South, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7:30 (and repeats throughout December). Tickets available at ArtTix.
• The Utah Symphony performs Schubert’s Symphony No. 8 (the "Unfinished" Symphony) and Tchaikovsky’s Symphony No. 3 (the "Polish" Symphony), tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Thierry Fischer conducts. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets are available at ArtTix.
• Japanese doom-metal band Church of Misery performs Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Punk/hardcore band Suicidal Tendencies perform Saturday at Park City Live, 427 Main St., Park City. Opening acts: Terror, Trash Talk, The Inspector Cluzo. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $20, at Smith’s Tix.
|1.||Utah Jazz trade Lucas, Thomas and Murphy to Cleveland|
|2.||7 surprises in the Mormon pioneer diet|
|3.||Dining review: Eva’s Bakery offerings a bit of Paris on Main Street|
|4.||New Mormon mental health group to take less-churchy approach|
|5.||Former Ute Paul Kruger talks leading youth and a youthful NFL team|
|6.||Family wins lawsuit over kayakers’ deaths in Jordan River|
|7.||Z’Tejas at Gateway Mall to close Aug. 2|
|8.||Obama’s order protects gay workers; Hatch wants religious exemption|
|9.||Monson: Jazz are yearning to play a beautiful game|