• Wilco frontman Jeff Tweedy performs a solo show tonight at Kingsbury Hall, 1395 E. Presidents Circle, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7:30. Tickets are $35, at Smith’s Tix and the Kingsbury website.
• Ballet West debuts its annual production of "The Nutcracker" tonight at the newly refurbished Capitol Theatre, 50 W. 200 South, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7:30 (and repeats throughout December). Tickets available at ArtTix.
• The Utah Symphony performs Schubert’s Symphony No. 8 (the "Unfinished" Symphony) and Tchaikovsky’s Symphony No. 3 (the "Polish" Symphony), tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Thierry Fischer conducts. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets are available at ArtTix.
• Japanese doom-metal band Church of Misery performs Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Punk/hardcore band Suicidal Tendencies perform Saturday at Park City Live, 427 Main St., Park City. Opening acts: Terror, Trash Talk, The Inspector Cluzo. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $20, at Smith’s Tix.
|1.||Family says police shot Utah man because he was black|
|2.||Utah Jazz: Derrick Favors is a grounded guy — and a Utahn|
|3.||Bear attack in Wyoming kills Utah man|
|4.||Kragthorpe: Brandon Doman moves on, from BYU to little league|
|5.||Mormons’ close-knit nature, values drive them to GOP|
|6.||Ex-LDS presiding bishop is favorite to head UTA board|
|7.||BYU football: Virginia suddenly looking formidable for No. 21 Cougars|
|8.||Martin MacNeill to serve up to 15 years for sexual abuse|
|9.||Utah man killed by police mourned at vigil, family questions cops’ story|
|10.||Paul Rolly: The Max Hall issue: It’s not black and white; it’s red and blue|