Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Plans for the weekend: “Nutcracker” arrives
• Wilco frontman Jeff Tweedy performs a solo show tonight at Kingsbury Hall, 1395 E. Presidents Circle, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7:30. Tickets are $35, at Smith's Tix and the Kingsbury website.
• Ballet West debuts its annual production of "The Nutcracker" tonight at the newly refurbished Capitol Theatre, 50 W. 200 South, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7:30 (and repeats throughout December). Tickets available at ArtTix.
• The Utah Symphony performs Schubert's Symphony No. 8 (the "Unfinished" Symphony) and Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 3 (the "Polish" Symphony), tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Thierry Fischer conducts. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets are available at ArtTix.
• Japanese doom-metal band Church of Misery performs Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix.
• Punk/hardcore band Suicidal Tendencies perform Saturday at Park City Live, 427 Main St., Park City. Opening acts: Terror, Trash Talk, The Inspector Cluzo. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $20, at Smith's Tix.